Real world tablet in W10, just worthless...

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
They should provide the option to revert back to the imo much prettier 8.1 start screen, and for Windows 7 users who didn't like it just keep the normal one in win 10. I personally never liked the start menu, and the start screen is my favourite. Hope they include that option.

Yes, they should. I like the start screen way more on my non touch laptop.

gumpert7

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree with your sentiments. Classic Microsoft for every 2 steps forward there's always a step back.
The major complaint about Win 8 has always been about the lack of a start screen and its unintuitive UI when using a M+KB.

Win 8 with touch however was GREAT the way it was! All msoft had to do was reintroduce the desktop start menu the way they have now without screwing with tablet mode!

I know it's just a preview but I'm 99% certain they aren't gonna do a 180 and change vertical scrolling back to horizontal in the modern start menu. Taskbar in tablet mode is just downright ugly (tho I'm sure that'll change), tapping on the small "All Programs" font is annoying and nowhere near as smooth as swiping up. Swiping from the edges for charms and last used apps used be soo convenient for 1 handed operation.. both features now nowhere to be found. The desktop start now takes up a large portion to the left of the modern start screen even in tablet mode, scrolling through all apps is now a pain with all desktop and modern apps mixed together in one long vertical list.

I've always been a die hard msoft ****** but damn they are sooo out of touch now. Same for Windows Phone 10 with its weird new Androidy/Metro design language. If major changes aren't made...which are unlikely seeing how win 10 launches in mere months... win 10 is going to be to tablets what Win 8 was to desktops.

On a more positive note... Win 10 is now great on desktops

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they should. I like the start screen way more on my non touch laptop.

Ikr! I'm using a 7 year old Acer laptop with a piddling 2 gigs of RAM, and a god knows how old processor, and every single animation on Win 8.1 is smooth and very pretty. I saw somewhere that they've changed the animations too, is this true?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa