Can I get some info on the Build 9926 - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD?

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Build 9926 - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

After build 9926 was released I installed it on my HP Stream 7 tablet to test out Tablet Mode (FWIW, 8.1 tablet mode is more better so far. I anticipate significant improvements going forward). Have been seeing the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD on an almost daily basis when doing massively compute non-intensive things such as reading Kindle, surfing the web in IE and/or Chrome (each respectively has it's own pro's and con's) or watching a video clip. It then gathers data, reboots and then proceeds to work as it should. Memory diagnostics report no issues. The Microsoft Safety Scanner, Defender and AntiMalwareBytes do not report any issues whatsoever. All of the drivers are up to date. It has occurred while plugged in as well as when it was not. Haven't yet determined how to purposefully re-create it yet.

Have submitted this to Microsoft and logged a question in the Microsoft Insider forums, so thought I'd throw it out here as well.

Any suggestions, while I'm waiting with bated breath for the Incredible build?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Build 9926 - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Ahem.. Not bashing Chrome at all, but it's a RAM hog and I'm not sure it's wise to use it on a device with only 1 Gig of RAM. ;D At least not if said device is running an OS that's far from being stable.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Build 9926 - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Oh, I absolutely concur; I generally avoid using Chrome for a variety of reasons, merely one of which is that it is <particularly> atrocious in regards to grabbing CPU. Opening up solely Chrome to the Google homepage initiates 3 separate processes with a total of 66 threads. IE initiates 2 with 45; and that's with MSN rotating through the news. Only have Chrome installed to contrast/compare with IE, to determine where a given issue lays. Generally speaking, I use IE, but have seen the BSOD when nothing was open aside from a single IE tab. Other times, may have 6 or 7 tabs open with IE as well as Chrome, settings, file explorer and Kindle, and no error. Quite peculiar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes