no preview builds found

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have a lumia 830, unlocked, registered with the insider program, but it says there are no preview builds available.

Am I missing something?

thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What is this fast or slow ye speak of?

Like in Windows 10 for PC, there are two release routes. Fast and slow.

Fast is well, faster, with more updates, but the increased of those speedier updates breaking something or having more bugs.
Slower is more stable. Although at this point there is no slow I think?

DiVirus

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
You have to be using Windows Insider app. Not old Preview for Developers. When you set it up it lets you pick Fast or Slow update process as far as how often and how stable builds you are willing to install.

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Lumia 635. I am using the new Windows Insider app and there are no such options.wp_ss_20140521_0001[1].png
"Logging-in" brings me around to the same page.
Here's what I get when I select "About:"
wp_ss_20140521_0002[1].png
I wonder if the process wants a SIM card to be present...

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, inserting the SIM card got me past the provisioning part of the Insider app where Fast or Slow are selected so we can see that it's required for that.

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The Insider app apparently requires a SIM card to be installed to provision the device. I had the same issue on my Lumia 635 "backup" phone. Installed the SIM and rand the app again and it gave me the choice between Slow and Fast. I made the selection and then restarted without the SIM so that I can keep connected while updating. Checked for updates (I selected "Fast") and it took off displaying "Checking for updates..." for several minutes and now it's downloading! :)

EDIT: Check your time and date. I don't know which phones this is true for but when I start my phone with Automatic time/date set and no SIM it starts with a default date of sometime last year and I noticed that caused a problem with another step in the update/restart process just now. Turned Auto Date/Time off and set the clock and it's continuing.

Last edited:

DiVirus

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I definitely would not recommend updating to windows 10 Technical preview unless the device you are planning to update is backup or something of that kind.

forcedreality

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same problem, no builds found on Lumia 730... Phone is not branded, just I bought this phone several weeks ago. Any ideas, how to get preview? :-(

seeyou186

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here with 830. Tried to change location to United States, to United Kingdom, tried to remove SIM (not possible since the card has stucked in the device obviously). It is really annoying me that the device is supported - only not mine (and the device of thousands of others)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss