Where Can I find mms setting?

jin young Lee

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm using Lumia 830. Update windows 10 for phone this morning.

I couldn't find MMS setting. I remember that MMS setting was very next to APN setting.

But, In this version only I can see APN setting.

Could you help me with this guys??

Good to see you.

Ezekiel Siegrist

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue on a Lumia 635, getting the developer preview reset all my APN and MMS settings and I'm with straight talk so without changing the MMS settings I'm out of luck for picture messaging till they fix it.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue on a Lumia 635, getting the developer preview reset all my APN and MMS settings and I'm with straight talk so without changing the MMS settings I'm out of luck for picture messaging till they fix it.
I can post the straight talk AT&T apn mms settings when I get home from work. Do you have the AT&T or the T-Mobile SIM from straight talk?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue in testing WP10, cannot send media messages and there is no MMS setting in the device, only APN.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I think MMS support will be dropped in the future. iPhone doesn't have it since beginning.

Not entirely true. Apple keeps a master list of the APN settings for most carriers. When a SIM is inserted, the phone contacts Apple for the APN info and auto-configures itself. If it isn't able to do this, then it displays the raw fields in the settings.

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, in settings and under extras, access point.

"These settings are only available for earlier versions of Windows Phone, and won't work with this operating system."
-This is the error message I got when I went to Access Point, after installing it using SysApp Pusher.
First of all, I "upgraded" my 635 to Windows 10. I use quotation marks for upgrade because so far I see more functions lost then gained compared to 8.1.
Thankfully, I bought the 635 solely to test out Windows 10. I'll just go back to my 1520.
And yes, it's quite baffling why MMS settings are missing from Cellular + SIM.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Its not there in the W10 build at the moment. There is a registry setting to hide or unhide it, but even changing that with the proxy workaround from XDA doesn't do anything. Long story, but I spent a lot of time trying to get it working on W10 and failed. The trick works to unhide the MMS APN on Windows 8.1 (which is how I am using my Lumia Icon on AT&T with MMS functional), but there must be some kind of problem in 10 at the moment with MMS.

Vivenot Lilian

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Excuse me I'm french and my english won't be gramaticaly perfect and my phone is also french so the names aren't the same XD

So I think I find what you search.

The APN MMS is in parametres/network(or something like it)/SIM/select your sim and "proprieties" will appear/select it/and search APN MMS juste after APN internet.

I hope it will help you ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss