Agreed Waiting Room For 1520,1020,930 etc! are you waiting.???

theolympusguy

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
1520 here and waiting...kinda glad it didn't come out for mine yet. I would have installed it right away and would not be happy.

will be waiting for as long as I need to. My phone is amazing so why complain??? Win 8.1 is just outstanding and does everything plus a TON that I want it to do. All this really rude complaining and I wonder if the people on windows central are all kids or is this how us adults act now?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
We are part of the internal testing... This is the process to make sure everything runs perfectly. Welcome to the world of software and OS's.
never denied that> Just saying that if it was internally tested with few 1000 devices why release when it is not ready for everyone?
Loosing audience?

TRICSIO

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
No need to think that Microsoft will be any different from Google as they announced a unified platform but with variations, this is just another way to say come get your food from a different cook. Great marketing strategy to try selling their latest devices just for the preview/. Just get the build when it becomes available. Nothing here to drool about.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
No need to think that Microsoft will be any different from Google as they announced a unified platform but with variations, this is just another way to say come get your food from a different cook. Great marketing strategy to try selling their latest devices just for the preview/. Just get the build when it becomes available. Nothing here to drool about.

Google? What unified platform? Sure you can run android apps on chromebooks but the rest of their platform is a fragmentation disaster

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
When MS said one OS all devices, doesnt it make it easier for the developers to use the PC or laptop much bigger screen and same OS? Just a thought, I am not a developer and no nothing about it. Is there any Logic behind my thinking?
Cheers

P.s I agree that MS did Hype this s#1t up then disappointed a lot of them. I think they rushed it through without much internal testing! I wonder if it was a move to keep them more relevant in the trending discussions around the world or they might loose the audience.

Windows 10 will indeed make it easier for developers, since you can develop shared code once and use it across devices. The user interface components will still have to be written for each device class, since you cannot simply design a UI for a phone and then just "blow it up" to desktop size. So developers will still have to test on several different devices wo make sure the UI work well and looks good across the spectrum.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
What is the reason people should buy a WP en what has Windows 10 what makes the divice special?

Several reasons (but personal preference determine if it is a "good" reason.)
Cheaper than a iphone.
No bloadware like android.
No viruses (same as iphone)
Old phone is also a windows phone.
Can live with the apps windows phone has.

It still may takes at least 6 months before windows 10 will be released but first features can be seen already now.
So "hard" to tell why windows 10 makes a phone special because it is also personal.
And android and IOS also will get updates.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You should add the 929/ICON to the list, Honestly, I figured the 930 and the 1520 would be the very first to get it (including the ICON) because they are the current flagship WP devices. man, that is disappointing that the lower end models got it but, the flagship ones got left out in the cold.

I'm used to it, I am a Verizon customer, crap, I didn't officially have Cyan till 2 days ago...

I'm sure we will get it soon, even if so, it will have a roll back feature, so if it that works, I am cool with it...I will put it on my primary phone

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for the Denim update for my HK variant 1520. I was excited for the technical preview but since this is my daily driver, I don't want to risk anything. And I do agree, the experience becomes different in Windows 10. Lets hope that the final release is much better than this. I don't think there will be noticeable change but who knows, anything is possible. TP will release for high end phones a while, I will look for reviews and if its better I might have a go with it but I definitely want the Denim update asap.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Waiting with my 535 dual sim. Though i have a question, after installing the Insider App, and registering on Windows Insider program. Then when the update is available, i would be eligible right?

I mean i don't need to have Developer Access right?

Peachtre

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting here too... I have a 930, 1520 and 1020. I can't wait to install the tech preview and was a little disappointed when I found out I had to wait a little longer - but as has been mentioned it is a tech preview, and it will arrive for my phone when its ready.

Still can't wait though...... :)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Waiting with my 535 dual sim. Though i have a question, after installing the Insider App, and registering on Windows Insider program. Then when the update is available, i would be eligible right?

I mean i don't need to have Developer Access right?

No you do not need developer access.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Daniel wrote an article on Monday saying that the 1020, 1520, and M8 would likely be the first phones to get the 10 preview. I think part of the disappointment we're seeing here now is a result of people reading that article, and believing in his prediction. I know I kind of did.

Oh well, no website is perfect, it's all part of the struggle to bring new and exciting bits of information to your readers. Things would really suck if websites started slandering or calling each other out over stuff like this. :smile:

Milan Singh

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
What other option do we have, else for waiting for the future update resolving THE " Partition Stitching " issue that they probably made up.. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster