Switching between apps

FourTonMantis

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
While I'm still not able to test the preview myself one question is really important for me and I'd like to get some feedback from the guys, who are already testing the preview build - how is the app switching in W10 - are there our well known "Resuming..." screens? That's really one of the only things, which is annoying me in 8.1

Oseph

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Resuming still occurs, at least everywhere I am used to seeing it, but instead of the word resuming and the dots gliding in and off screen there is just a full screen flash of your theme colour - I don't know if this is supposed to disguise the wait in a less antagonising way, but I don't like it.

flashbaax

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I haven?t seen the resuming / dots on my Lumia 630 so far.
Switch between apps is nearly instant. Even going back to the music app is fast as never seen in 8.1.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Resuming still occurs, at least everywhere I am used to seeing it, but instead of the word resuming and the dots gliding in and off screen there is just a full screen flash of your theme colour - I don't know if this is supposed to disguise the wait in a less antagonising way, but I don't like it.

Agreed it's very annoying, especially if you have a bright theme colour....I use the orange one :(

flashbaax

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I've tried telegram and WhatsApp. Both are very fast resuming. Skype is different. The app reopens also pretty fast but then it does loading stuff. I would say this is more app related.
BTW: Going back in browser history is now also pretty instant. It seems to use cache instead of reloading.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I doubt any of these tests are meaningful. All the devices for which W10M is available, already had far fewer and shorter Resuming durations than their x2x predecessors. For example, my L830 resumes far less frequently and far faster than my fianc?'s L720. My point is that the results on one device won't necessarily translate to results on other devices.

Shashank Holla

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I think it is a bug, the flash of accent color
And btw, some apps may need to be rebuilt to gain speed in app resuming once the developer details are released for W10

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it's somewhat better on my 635 but I'll have to keep using during the day to be sure. I'm finding that instead of a resuming message, my screen seems to blink to allow new material to load, especially when scrolling a long screen of info like the NYTimes Mobile version on the browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium