Factory Reset Windows 10 on Phone?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I am on WP10. And now I would like to do a hard reset. But I dont know how to restore the backup after the reset, yes I checked the backups and theyre on.

Ok as for messages, after your hard reset, you just need to switch on message back up again and all the messages will be updated to your phone.

MarkMcGuireD

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Were you able to add accounts (MSA, GMAIL, facebook, twitter, etc.) after you hard reset your phone? I have the 1020 and have done so twice but with no access to these accounts... (aside from random twitter access)

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Were you able to add accounts (MSA, GMAIL, facebook, twitter, etc.) after you hard reset your phone? I have the 1020 and have done so twice but with no access to these accounts... (aside from random twitter access)

Following are the methods used for adding accounts ..

Mail : Add through settings of outlook app. I have added outlook and gmail accounts.
Facebook : You can download facebook app and add the account through the app

Twitter : You can download twitter app and add the account through the app.

Hope this helps

MarkMcGuireD

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried adding my accounts through the designated apps but it didn't resolve anything.

I performed a soft reset and then a full-reset (system settings > about > reset) and then started off from nothing and it slowly added all my contacts from Twitter, Facebook (beta), and LinkedIn. I can also access my MSA account. I think something was just not working last time around because I didn't clean install everything?

Prateek Singh5

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated to the second update for WP 10. Just to see if the phone gets any faster, I did a reset.
Now I'm having a similar problem: Basic apps such as call, people and settings are missing!
Perhaps using the recovery tool to go back to WP8.1 is only option.

Cezar-Andrei Pufu

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
So I`ve upgraded my Lumia 930 to Win 10 M yesterday and while basic apps were working, it would not connect to my Live account, neither on cellular data not through wifi. So I thought, like you did, to make a factory reset (thought that maybe it would clean up some of the old apps that appeared in duplicate (the so called legacy ones).
After the reset the phone would not start at all. Through the basic setup it would not connect to the Live account and even if I skipped the login; it configured the phone but it got stuck on a black screen , saying that it`s loading. And nothing happens . I`ve let it load for 2 hours now so I`m sure it`s not normal.
My advice is then to not factory reset your phone on a TP build

Francisco Teixeira

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same issue, updated yesterday on my L930 from WP 8.1 GDR2 into Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 10136. Today I decided to hard reset the phone to try it for more responsiveness. Unfortunately after the configuration wizard, after setting all the apps, it keeps "Loading" indefinitely. I can access Settings, and even Apps that are accessible from Settings (Store), but no matter what I don't see the Start Screen nor the App List.

Restarting the phone won't even connect it to network (I need to go through Settings and Phone for the SIM prompt to be shown).

Trying one last hard reset (with hardware keys) and if it doesn't work I will revert to WP 8.1 and upgrade into W10 again.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just updated last night and immediately did a factory reset after 10 finally loaded. It worked great and the phone is awesome now. Verizon OneM8.

jason hendry1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I updated my lumia 930 to 10 from 8.1. Its definatly less stable for me well a lot more issues that 1080 had. I was expecting a inbox for all my emailes to go into but still not implemented. Ive had the odd phone call buttons become unresponsive so I couldn't hang up and had to restart phone. Donmt get me wrong theres a lot I'm likeing but its certainly not a stable version. I have 7 apps from extras and info, touch, and about 6 other app wise downloads that just wont download and install. Strangely yesterday I didn't and couldn't get music working. Turns out the music download was either failing to download and or install, same thing as these 7 other apps. Music is working now. Photo album is shockingly bad, is it that hard to show all my folders from one drive or even whats app lol. I know Facebook albums are gone and I'm gona miss them too. Defiantly not a day to day version for the 930.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The phone updates like crazy after a reset. I'm wondering if many of the reported slowness and missing items could be related to the phone just getting backlogged with syncing and app updates? Mine dropped WiFi settings too which prolonged the post install agony. The Beta Store is a little fussy also.

A reset will result in fewer apps from getting updated perhaps.

IMHO, iOS does a much nicer job restoring.

If we could skip the update and load directly from the recovery tool things would be much smoother but this process needs testing. They must do that at MS or they'd spend all day getting each build installed and working.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If we could skip the update and load directly from the recovery tool things would be much smoother but this process needs testing. They must do that at MS or they'd spend all day getting each build installed and working.
If I had to guess, I'd say that probably Microsoft engineers have a firmware/OS bundle for each specific device they use for testing, and load it with a flash tool.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So I`ve upgraded my Lumia 930 to Win 10 M yesterday and whilebasic apps were working, it would not connect to my Live account, neither oncellular data not through wifi. So I thought, like you did, to make a factoryreset (thought that maybe it would clean up some of the old apps that appearedin duplicate (the so called legacy ones).
After the reset the phone would not start at all. Through the basic setup itwould not connect to the Live account and even if I skipped the login; itconfigured the phone but it got stuck on a black screen , saying that it`sloading. And nothing happens . I`ve let it load for 2 hours now so I`m sureit`s not normal.
My advice is then to not factory reset your phone on a TP build

~
I am having exactly the same issue, updatedyesterday on my L930 from WP 8.1 GDR2 into Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview10136. Today I decided to hard reset the phone to try it for moreresponsiveness. Unfortunately after the configuration wizard, after setting allthe apps, it keeps "Loading" indefinitely. I can access Settings, andeven Apps that are accessible from Settings (Store), but no matter what I don'tsee the Start Screen nor the App List.

Restarting the phone won't even connect it to network (I need to go throughSettings and Phone for the SIM prompt to be shown).

Trying one last hard reset (with hardware keys) and if it doesn't work I willrevert to WP 8.1 and upgrade into W10 again.

Same thing happens to me as well, I?ve hard reset my device twice and both weldthe same results, endless ?Loading??. Guess this issue is isolated to Lumia 930only.

I?vetweeted Gabe Aul about this issue, but he did not get back to me and it hasgone unanswered for more than a day.

bboogaerts

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Well last night I decided to Try Win10 on my Lumia 1020 and so far it sucks. I lost all ability to send Txt as well as use data. It won't let me use wifi either.. I'm Resting it rn so hopefully it decides to work again. How would i rest back to 8?

Faizan Ahmad2

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 520 build 10166 after hard reset it can not restart, it just shows wheels rotating and at end ot gives a "sad" no no chi message error
. Help me..

Wai Kong Pang

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I do not have data to recover, because it is not my main phone.
Well, I use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, roll back to WP 8.1 U2 then updated again to WP 10 TP2 and following installation guide from post 10.

crismo

How do you perform the roll back? I have a Lumia 920 installed Windows 10 insider preview. And ever since that all he'll break loose. I can't perform roll back and I can further update to newer built... and now the phone is close to unusable...

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Nicolas MAHE

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Suite a l amise ? jour un peu rapide de mon lumia 920 de 8.1 vers 10, je me suis retrouv? avec un t?l?phone n'ayant plus la possibilit? que de passer des appels et ? en recevoir. Oui, un t?l?phone :)
Plus de Wifi, plus de 3g encore moins de 4g
plus de sms, bref, panique ? bord.
En lisant vos post, car je souhaitait revenir au 8.1, j'ai reinitialis? le tel.
J'ai rentr? mon id microsoft et l?, ? miracle de la technologie, tout semble ?tre revenu ? la normale. Mais appli sont en cours de mise ? jour / reinstal, mes contacts reveunus, les photos revenues, bref, le bonheur (si on peut parler de bonheur dans ce cas) ou, du moins, gros soulagement.
Merci donc pour vos bons conseils, je vais pouvoir evaluer la puissance de ce fameux WP10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb