Will developer preview of windows 10 ever exist?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay we got technical preview now and as we know technical preview is not complete build of this version of windows.

It quite different from developer preview while it the same build with market release while developer preview phone got newer OS without firmware update. developer preview also the same build given to OEM so they can build necessary firmware for newer OS.

My question is. Simple. In your opinion will be there any developer preview for windows 10 and delivered from preview for developers apps like usual? The DP mean final one without firmware? Or at least RC one

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe after Windows 10 has been officially released (for phones). At the current state it wouldn't make any sense to have a DP program running additionally. With every single update the TP is going to receive, it's going to be closer to the final build. It's all about helping shape the platform and the direction it's going.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably not needed as there's the TP. Looks a though Microsoft are following the same model as for Windows 10 (there's no dev preview there).

I think that the TP will continue to mature until it reaches the go-live date. Ball park figure that is late October (since that's when TP for phones effectively expires).

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe some months before the official launch of W10 for phones, the TP will become DP. I hope so we wouldn't have to wait lazy carriers to update for trying some new features (specially the new browser).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720