A word to all desperate Lumia owners waiting for windows 10 TP

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I happened to install Windows 10 technical preview on my lumia 830 yesterday, within minutes of its release, just like any other ****** out there..
And from my experience with the release, Im not at all satisfied with the release; that within 18 hours of its release I rolled back to Windows phone 8.1.
Here Im not blaming any Microsoft officials, and exactly like what they mentioned its just technical preview and will be buggy.. As far as Im concerned the release was extremely unstable.. But definitely the interface and features will be awesome once its finished.I really appreciate their work for bringing out this wonderful platform. But now the release is in extremely immature form that even my contacts' name are not displayed when i get a call.. Yeah such bizarre errors can occur in TPs, I understand.. But from as far as I used, my inference is that windows 10 for phones is worth a wait .. So all you guys with 1520,930 and others, stop yelling for the release now and patiently wait for a better release.. windows 10 is worth waiting..
kudos to the developers..

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was excited to try it but honestly I am not seeing much different from windows phone 8.1 so I am actually okay waiting for it longer once everything is upgraded.

I feel like the preview is windows phone 8.1 with a few enhancements. So nothing to rush over.

hisham691

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Nice words bro, I think that after the TP there will be a DP that would be much more stable like the one we had for WP8.1 it was much more of a final release .. So I'll wait :)

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Once I used the new voice to text button, i'll never go back to 8.1. Sure it's got a few bugs, but overall it just works. (L635). The biggest flaws are Cortana & MS Band.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
A posting by people that get it. I also loaded it on my 635 and have played with it for some time. I like what I see and think that this along with apps that talk across all MS products will give WP the push it needs.

Waiting is the key word at this time. Go back and read the horror stories of the first Win 10 release. MS specifically warned not to load it on your daily computer. Many did and many spent time going back to Win 8.1.

When the PFD version is released, then jump in.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll be waiting for people to review it more, find out about lags, issues with playing mp3s (which kept cutting in and out on the last one for me on my 635), and other stuff before I decide to take the plunge again.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll be waiting for people to review it more, find out about lags, issues with playing mp3s (which kept cutting in and out on the last one for me on my 635), and other stuff before I decide to take the plunge again.

Same here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss