Are ROOMS and FAMILY ROOMS in the Preview For Phones?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've not been able to find out this information...are the ROOMS and FAMILY ROOMS option in Windows 10 for Phones Technical Preview? Usually located in the PEOPLE hub.

Thanks...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
No Rooms or Family Rooms. There is something called Groups, but haven't really looked at it, nor do I know if it is currently functioning yet.

Nyrup

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got that mail and I'm really dissapointed. We use rooms a lot in my family and it a really cool feature. I'm starting to feel MS is removing all the cool and unique things from WP :(

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So, I guess the question now is...how do we continue to easily share our "Family Room" OneNote's and Calendar? We use that a lot!

Under wp8/8.1 the shared Room calendar will still work, as will any shared Room notes or photos but no more messaging.

Once you go to wp10 though the Room will be gone from your phone but you'll have access to the shared Room calendar via the native calendar app.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Let's hope there is some form of replacement, don't care what they call it as long as functionality is close to being the same. Someone with wp10tp mentioned Groups so maybe that will take over.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Why those choices? OneDrive, OneNote, and Microsoft's Calendar should do the same....

Precisely. There's no need to switch services since the functionality is not going away. Creating/editing/managing of shared calendars, notes, and cloud content will continue to be possible, just without the convenient and centralized hub/interface that Rooms provided. I'm hopeful that Rooms has simply evolved into something else, possibly even cross platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12