My review for windows 10

shashank gandham

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Okay ,So I downloaded windows 10 for phones as soon as it got released , its been over a day now ,and here's what i think

-I see a lot of people complaining about the hamburger style menu , Honestly I dont care , it gets my work done , but the problem i have is whatever you give me shuld be neat and uniform. The font size is small and icons size for delete and share are smaller . The same goes for settings page.The font size keeps on varying and ther, Ie are sudden capitalization of laters . WIndows was basically a black and white phone ( if you know what i mean ). Now the settings page has cyan icons , I mean if you are making it colourful , make it throughout, for me it kinda looks half-baked . (well,it has to be , since it is technical preview !!) . Even the search page has some coloured outline.

-Well the usual problems with me are (L630), which i am pretty sure will be sorted out are the battery issues and heating issues.
and ya the quiet hours is missing from my action centre tab ( there is a blank space in between , looks ugly) , if anybody knows why , lemme know .

- The action centre tabs, if expanded remain like that , i expect them to collapse automatically.

- the phone hub , looks kinda weird with two small tabs and then empty space. atleast it should be divided equally .

-Even cortana , the previous one looked lot better

-Actually I was disappointed with the preview ( not blaming msft , I just was expecting too much ). Like the music app , mail and calender app ,i should be getting pretty soon , i guess.

Now the good parts

-I am actually happy with the background.
-My college wifi at last works ( https authentication) , but only for IE , i hope msft adds proxy support to apps as well .
- The alarm , sound recorder and the calculator looks good ( but i do have a problem with their font size)

Last edited:

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
If you quickremove mail in outlook does it get removed from the base place?

For example if I removed mail in maestro (Gmail) did it not get removed from my Gmail account only in maestro...

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If you quickremove mail in outlook does it get removed from the base place?

For example if I removed mail in maestro (Gmail) did it not get removed from my Gmail account only in maestro...

In current WP8.1 Email app it removes email from Google if you delete it in the app.

KDevestator

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
the option to swipe was better than the hamburger you can always to change the region to activate cortana that would cause the quiet hour to come back

atulgpt

May 10, 2014
Visit site
does it lag as windows phone 8.1 lags like not appearing thumbnails, not appearing names in the list while scrolling, loading and resuming screen, thumbnail of tiles disappearing and discontinuous transition of OS?

shashank gandham

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
There are bugs , it does lag sometimes. I am using the pretty lightly ( no games , not much of multitasking ) , coz i am a bit scared , this is my main device .

Cellular+sim thing , I dont know , havent checked yet. Been on wifi since i Updated.

Quiet hours did come back with cortana but not the tab in th action centre .. Thanks for the help :D

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever seen sausage made? Probably not but there is a good chance you think they are delicious. Point is, when there is a windows 10 to review, I'll be looking forward to reading your comments. This is not all there is and this is not what the final look and feel will be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon