[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
for the start screen lag with my lumia 930. I tried to hard reset to phone and do a clean install without backup. All was perfect. I hard reseted my phone again to use the backup. The lag was there. I removed all the item on my start screen and I will add app one by one to look if it's an app who lag the phone.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
for the start screen lag with my lumia 930. I tried to hard reset to phone and do a clean install without backup. All was perfect. I hard reseted my phone again to use the backup. The lag was there. I removed all the item on my start screen and I will add app one by one to look if it's an app who lag the phone.
Make sure to post the progress so that if someone else facing this issue will be able to solve it ,😊

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I was about to do the power+volume button soft reset, literally pressing the buttons, and the bar shot to 50%.

Whew.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Wait usually this is how the wp updates work. They are stuck at 5% and after some time they become extremely fast. Now i dont know about w10 as i am now downloading it, but i guess this is how it will work

Yup in every update it is like this only.
But don't know why in W10 it takes more time than usual to install.

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to post the progress so that if someone else facing this issue will be able to solve it ,

I put some apps on the start screen ... It lag immediately. I really don't understand. (the bad thing is that I had like 40 apps organized in folder and all. I don't want to do a hard reset again to backup the start screen.)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I put some apps on the start screen ... It lag immediately. I really don't understand. (the bad thing is that I had like 40 apps organized in folder and all. I don't want to do a hard reset again to backup the start screen.)

Don't know why some people are having laggy start screen
For testing I pinned every app I have in my phone and still the start screen is working properly

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
521, downloading now, didn't flash, just deleted all my photos, (userland made c:) ringtones, music, and ended up with one whole GB of space.

The phone space is different and OS space is different.
To know your OS space open windows insider app and check about section of the app and see whats the sys free space it shows

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Some people seem to be installing on there main driver, this is just to easy to do, now someone really needs to talk me out of doing it on my 930. As much as I want w10tp I dont wanna brick my phone but the more I read about it, it just seems safer than I anticipated

If you have mixed feelings its better to stay away from it 😊
And moreover it is your primary device so you shouldn't try it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)