[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
One question. Is this the same build we will get from microsoft officially or its custom rom or something. I am using 930 and want to give it a try.
it is the same build you will get from microsoft.

but if it is your primary device i would advice you to stay away from this process.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Can't find a correct phonemanufacturermodelname that will work with a 920 in new Zealand the current one is rm-821_apac_australia_new_Zealand please help me

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Can't find a correct phonemanufacturermodelname that will work with a 920 in new Zealand the current one is rm-821_apac_australia_new_Zealand please help me
if you have carrier free device then ask your friends who have lumia 730,830 for manufacturename and firmware version.
if you are on carrier then search for those carrier devices

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to hack your way to w10. That said I wouldn't try it. If they're limiting the release, especially since they're limiting it to low-mid range devices, there has to be good reason. No use testing something out on a device it hasn't been optimized for yet.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues on my 1520 ATT Model, says there are no builds. When I install the certification and tap Get Preview Builds I get no options to select anything and just gives me no builds. I've followed the steps correctly and nothing is changing. Any help on what I may have missed would be nice.

EDIT: NEVER MIND...Figured it out, I just forgot to set my proxy lol.

Last edited:

Miguel Correia

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues on my 1520 ATT Model, says there are no builds. When I install the certification and tap Get Preview Builds I get no options to select anything and just gives me no builds. I've followed the steps correctly and nothing is changing. Any help on what I may have missed would be nice.

EDIT: NEVER MIND...Figured it out, I just forgot to set my proxy lol.
Hpw do you set the proxy that's what i need to.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Miguel Correia

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
DONT DO THIS IF IT IS YOUR PRIMARY DEVICE.

Try this at your own RISK I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.

This method work without any issue make sure you do everything mention in this tutorial.
Make sure you do this on a clean OS means on OS install via LSRT or WPRT
I had tested it on 2 different lumia 520 and both are now installing Windows10.

Finally: Install Windows 10 for Phones on No… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Do we need to set the certificate?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss