Find my phone suggestion W10M

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Its very usual feature that every body droping it ....find my phone if its uptie like find my iphone/ipad it would be superb for exemple i check it in win10 for phones also 8.1 but u can override it easily throw hard reset or recovery throw LUMIA RECOVERY SOFTWARE ...
Acually i've suggested an idea in the uservoice & i think its a very good opertunity to make windows for phone/mobile 10 more secure & much better here is the link help with voting������
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7095016-find-my-phone

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
But what happens if this feature is there and you buy my old phone.
And after you setup your account I send the erase code to my old phone which is now your new phone.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
And after you setup your account I send the erase code to my old phone which is now your new phone.

that feature would be tied with your email address so you would not be able to do so.

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Really!!!! I think u dont know whats "FIND MY IPHONE/IPAD" u can buy used iphone ipad as long u dislink the icloud account from phone/tablette .....

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
You can already send a "lock" to your phone through the service, and you can also ERASE your phone from the service. How is what you've requested not already part of it?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This is a must have feature, should have been there before apple made it. Its hard to reach MS by an idea in uservoice that have low number of votes, if you have TP please submit suggestion through Windows Feedback app.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You can already send a "lock" to your phone through the service, and you can also ERASE your phone from the service. How is what you've requested not already part of it?
Did even bother your self reading what i said ealier u can send a lock as long as the device is not wiped out !!!
In IOS U CAN WIPED OUT THE DEVICE & reset it but u still need the email adress that was in the phone just before the reset

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
This is a must have feature, should have been there before apple made it. Its hard to reach MS by an idea in uservoice that have low number of votes, if you have TP please submit suggestion through Windows Feedback app.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Finally someone have mind in his head & know whats is a must & what is feauture

EliaJada

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually if you go windowsphone.com and sign in with the email address you have on your phone
You can locate your phone on a map
You can lock the phone
And you can "Erase phone"

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Did even bother your self reading what i said ealier u can send a lock as long as the device is not wiped out !!!
In IOS U CAN WIPED OUT THE DEVICE & reset it but u still need the email adress that was in the phone just before the reset

Yes, I bothered reading it. It was very difficult to understand what in the world you were talking about, and you didn't mention requiring the email in order to use the phone after an erase in your post. If you had, I would have let you know about Microsoft's upcoming "hardware lock" that's coming in future phones with Windows 10. It would allow you to lock it if you have the email, and no one will be able to access the phone without your info, even if they change SIM and reset the phone.

If you will better let people know what your talking about, they are more likely to follow a link you provide. I didn't see the need because you didn't explain it well enough to know the method you were discussing. You expected us to follow the link to get the information, and the information needs to be presented before most people will bother to click your link. You may as well just make a post that says: "Click Here", where the click here text is a link. You would probably get as many people clicking.

The technology is here, Microsoft just has to get it into the phones. From my understanding, though, it will be in the higher end phones first.

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I bothered reading it. It was very difficult to understand what in the world you were talking about, and you didn't mention requiring the email in order to use the phone after an erase in your post. If you had, I would have let you know about Microsoft's upcoming "hardware lock" that's coming in future phones with Windows 10. It would allow you to lock it if you have the email, and no one will be able to access the phone without your info, even if they change SIM and reset the phone.

If you will better let people know what your talking about, they are more likely to follow a link you provide. I didn't see the need because you didn't explain it well enough to know the method you were discussing. You expected us to follow the link to get the information, and the information needs to be presented before most people will bother to click your link. You may as well just make a post that says: "Click Here", where the click here text is a link. You would probably get as many people clicking.

The technology is here, Microsoft just has to get it into the phones. From my understanding, though, it will be in the higher end phones first.

Sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo