Cortana... where's the music recognition now?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
There should not even be a button. Cortana should be smart enough to know that you are not asking questions and she should hear music in the background and automatically detect it and tell you what the artist/song is.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have just asked "what song is this?". Cortana finds the song pretty often. And "Vision", which used to be next to the "Music" ID button, is now, a so called "lens" in camera.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
There should not even be a button. Cortana should be smart enough to know that you are not asking questions and she should hear music in the background and automatically detect it and tell you what the artist/song is.

I know! but she is not that smart yet :/

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

This is how Google Now works. Ideally it would be great if Cortana brings this along too. At the same time I would like to be able to "force" the music mode too in case the audio doesn't get recognized as a song for whatever reason...

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
This is how Google Now works. Ideally it would be great if Cortana brings this along too. At the same time I would like to be able to "force" the music mode too in case the audio doesn't get recognized as a song for whatever reason...

Someone please feedback THIS to Microsoft >_<

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you can just ask Cortana "what song is playing?"

Yes. This is correct.

Microsoft should do much better, because this isn't a as good (functional) as it used to be?

Edit: I apologize, I didn't notice the Windows 10 reference (I use the Windows Central app on WP). My phone was just upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 so I now have Cortona on the right side button, at the bottom, but not the 8.0 Music Identification! That is what I was referring to.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte