W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldruino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

I can't seem to find edge browser in this build. I still have Spartan And i don't know why. Project spartan is not working. Anybody has the same issue? I tried searching for updates on store beta but no luck. Any workarounds aside from hard reset? I can't backup my files atm so I can't do that. Haha

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I can't seem to find edge browser in this build. I still have Spartan And i don't know why. Project spartan is not working. Anybody has the same issue? I tried searching for updates on store beta but no luck. Any workarounds aside from hard reset? I can't backup my files atm so I can't do that. Haha
If you are seeing Spartan and not Edge, something didn't download correctly. Spartan is nowhere to be seen in 10149. Does it say 10149 for the OS in your "about" screen?

Rodney Honeyman

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Installed 10149 on International version of the lumia 930, using on AT&T (I know).

1)Phone is very hot to the touch now (using wireless charging BTW).
2)Camera button fails to launch camera.

At work but will update as I can.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Everything is going better than expected now on my unlocked 1320. I installed a fresh install as a new phone and followed the various bits of advice found here. Thanks. A few issues:

Moving pinned apps around on start screen can be somewhat sporadic at times.... sometimes tiles move as they should, sometimes they hover over other tiles, and sometimes they ricochet to the top left of my start screen. lol

English keyboard cannot finish downloading the required text suggestions.

Swype keyboard input not working.

Group text issues.

Text message notifications to my Band only go through when I open the Messaging app. All other notifications go through as expected.

Overall, a good release though.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Installed 10149 on my Lumia 930 today. This is a much more useable build and I am going to stick with it as my daily driver, the only bug I have come across so far that is a little annoying is the flashing icons issue in the notification centre, also, screen seems a little less sensitive to touch than before but no biggy. The good news was, I updated straight from 8.1 and did not need a hard reset to get things as they should be which saved a great deal of time. One thing to watch is that some apps get stuck in updating with an error message, I found the easiest workaround was to uninstall then reinstall from the store, after that, they all worked fine

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Anybody have problems changing the photo on the Start screen? I can't change it, it's stuck with what was loaded from a backup. Also, Skype fails to install all the time, even after uninstalling-reinstalling and hard reset.

daddepalli

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I had problems with almost all apps...a few days in and they installed fine. Cant say it will be the same with your phone, but I had serious thoughts about going back to 8.1...even now, the email app still makes me think if I should swtich back to 8.1...I am going to wait a few more builds and if what they have is going to be how it works...I will roll back to 8.1.

The new Outlook Mail app is my deal-breaker

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Can't open photos from apps. Used to be able to go to photos, then edit and see s list available apps. That's not working anymore either

ekiRYL

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Bugs that i found

i just finish updating my L925 to build 10149 this morning, and i found some bugs..
-i can't open the Music App. it said i have to buy the apps or uninstall then install it again.
-can't make Folder
anyone have the same problem with me? :unhappysweat:

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 535, Time & language>Speech, there's no language at all, when I try Add a language, it shows blank page, tried hard rest twice, still same, anyone else with this issue? Any workaround?

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys...I have an issue with the build

I just updated to build 10149 on my 520 and all gone well...everything was functional but there was some slutter and lags so I did a hard reset as recommended by many of the WC users after the upgrade.
Now build is smooth but I can not open settings menu from action centre. It says "you need to search the store to open this app". ALSO settings is not visible in my apps list.
Tried many restarts and soft resets. Now again going for a hard reset. Is there any other workaround?

Will update again after hard reset completes.

UPDATE: After this hard reset settings menu is back and everything is smooth.

Last edited:

Jayanth_07

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

I installed the WP 10 preview build in my phone [Lumia 820 ] yesterday. After spending a day with the phone i find that the interface is very neat and looks promising, yes there are shortcomings.

I like the Outlook mail and the calendar, they look brilliant. The Photos displayed when you receive call, in the round profile, look good.

In the Extras & Info, when i check the core build id, the last 5 digits say 10458, when i check for Phone updates it says the phone is already updated and latest. If we are talking about 10149, there is a mismatch here. Need info on this.

Yes there are bugs, which i have found. Please advice what needs to be done or is anyone facing the same?

1) Click on the Calculator, it says that this app is not available and check the store, this message vanishes and the Phone restarts on its own.
2) The Quiet Hours button in the notification center is blinking all the time.
3) I did not see search functionality in the Messaging app [SMS].
4) No MS Office yet [I guess MS is going to release it end of this month], cant read office docs.
5) In the lock screen, the apps whose status should be displayed, there is no option to select Outlook Mail.
6) In the lock screen, the apps whose status should be displayed, if i select Outlook Calendar, it shows a Red Multiplication sign, and the same is not displayed
7) The Skype app shows error, when i try installing it from Store, it downloads it and when installing [when the progress bar has almost reached finish], it says Attention required, Tap here. therefore not able to install Skype.
8) Store Beta is not working properly.

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

have you try a hard reset?

Try opening store beta. look for updates. If you see an update for Store Beta. Pause all the other updates to let store beta updates 1st. Then resume all other updates.

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

try "take me home by driving" and windows maps navigation will launch.

Works for me. If I don't specify, Cortana will try to give me direction for public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99