W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I'm encountering the problem where the Messaging app (and a few others, including the Store Beta) won't launch saying something like "X app can't be opened. An app update may be available in the Store."Not sure what to do now other than roll back to 8.1. Anyone have any thoughts?

It's because the Store Beta needs to redownload all of your apps and reinstall them. Open up the Store Beta and go to downloads and you'll probably see that it's working on that.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Installed 10149 on my Lumia 930 and besides the minor problems already mentioned (quiet hours blinking, keyboard crashing, errors while updating apps in the beta store), I've faced a really huge bug and had no choice but downgrade to 8.1.

I've tried clean installs, 3 hard resets and always, after a short period of well functioning, the Phone App/Dialer kept crashing every time I've tried to use it. It just did not open ... closing itself in a glance.

I've found no answer about this issue anywhere, so ... I'll just wait for the RTM version.

Jatinder Digra

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

VPN settings are crashing on my L830 while adding VPN profile. Also i am not able to turn off touch buttons vibration feedback, i could not find a setting for that..

Dhanajit Ray

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

guys.. i'm having a problem with my music app... my music is installed on sd card. when I try to play a track its displays error 0xc1010107.. any fix guys???

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

After 3 days of using the build 10149, here are the problems on my Lumia 830

* SMS not working; neither receiving nor being sent - the most distressing bug!
* SD card apps unavailable when restarted, needs multiple restarts to fix.(card is being read, only apps remain unavailable)
* No notification for mails
* Camera buggy
* Random reboots (rarely)
* Store beta bizarre behavior as explained by many, here before
* Action center not being closed easily by swiping up
* Glance screen draining battery quite a lot
* Notifications of many apps not working properly
* Unable to set custom ringtones
* Quite hours blinking
* Store links got from other apps opening in edge, instead of store or store beta directly
* Not a bug with the release, still...Some of my fav apps not compatible with WM10 (like truecaller)
* Photos and music quite slow to get updated
* This error occurring at times

Last edited:

jgibo1

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Even though quiet hours is blinking for me it was actually working after going into notebook under Cortana.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I had to download touch through the old store. Just used Cortana to search touch Windows phone and when it asks you where to search, select the old Store. It might give you an error the first time but try again and it should work.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I want add English US and Japanese keyboard but always fail when preparing to install.

One more thing is how to link back my here maps apps with here drive and Waze? It always open maps app when select navigate.

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Did you also select the new APN after it? The Cellualar Data didn?t work for me, too. But after creating the right APN and selecting it my data connection worked.

Thanks. I had the same problem. I found the correct APN online and could create a new profile. First it didn't work but then I saw I still needed to select "apply" after I had saved the new settings. Now Cellular Data is working.

evanwaustin

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Had the same problem on my 925. I booted to ROM mode (with the lightning bolt and the gear), then used the Windows Recovery Tool to roll back to 8.1. Successfully upgraded to TP10 the next day on the device though it didn't run great (runs significantly better on my 640)

Santosh Gadaley

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi All,
Any one went with same issue.

On My Daily Driver L1520, Having issue with Cortana, Can't Speak or read messages or follow my voice Commands properly.

People App is Not A Live Tile on the New Built, Even after Soft and Hard reset. Me Tile Is Missing.

Please help if anyone has a Solution on issues.

Thanks

evanwaustin

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Yes. I left myself a voice message, retrieved it via the Action Center, and re-pinned the phone icon. Hopefully that works for you (it is still buggy for me though.)

Santosh Gadaley

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi evanwaustin,

Is that solutions for Me. i was looking for Cortana to speak up on message . And also any help on People Tile not showing Pics of contacts . it's just a Silent Tile on start screen , i tried with unpin and re-pin the tile. But no luck.

Thanks

maxije

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I believe have an issue that no one has solved yet. Every time I launch the keyboard, sometimes letters do not appear and I see a dark space where the keyboard is supposed to be. Whenever I am typing, the keys disappears and if for instance I know where I is and click the empty space, I appears but does not bring the keyboard up. This is the most annoying issue because it makes build 10.149 unusable. The other is that my switching apps causes this pixels in pixels that just looks very weird. this I have not been able to take a screenshot of because every time I do, I get a picture of what I expect to see but not what is happening. I hope I made sense.wp_ss_20150629_0003.pngwp_ss_20150629_0002.png

SJ66

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

I have had the build installed on my lumia 535 from yesterday. The first day,it worked flawlessly, but from today i have been experiencing a weird bug. The screen goes black even when the phone is kept idle. Force rebooting the phone seems to fix this, but after few hours it again goes black. Is there any solution for this bug?

Hi did you find a fix for this?
I have the same problem on the same phone. Seems like as more time goes by the problem is happening more frequently

kareem09

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

I believe have an issue that no one has solved yet. Every time I launch the keyboard, sometimes letters do not appear and I see a dark space where the keyboard is supposed to be. Whenever I am typing, the keys disappears and if for instance I know where I is and click the empty space, I appears but does not bring the keyboard up. This is the most annoying issue because it makes build 10.149 unusable. The other is that my switching apps causes this pixels in pixels that just looks very weird. this I have not been able to take a screenshot of because every time I do, I get a picture of what I expect to see but not what is happening. I hope I made sense.View attachment 107392View attachment 107393

I have had this on all builds except the last one 10136(?) this last build was the only build that didn't give weird graphics and UI glitches(especially keyboard and bottom bar) on my L920
It made me roll back on each build
unfortunately its back again on 10149. I haven't found any solution and it doesn't seem to affect other models. It doesn't even seem to affect all L920s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte