W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro Castanheira

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

After having the unresponsive screen problem several times, especially after calls, i think I figured what's the cause.
Two days ago, my L925 was so unresponsive that I had to do several soft resets. I though I had to go back to 8.1 since the phone would get stuck almost immediately. I then manage to get into the battery saver app and checked what apps were going through the battery and found that facebook was eating a lot of background app time. Since I don't care about all the notifications I was getting from facebook, I disabled the background for it.
Since then, my L925 is running smooth, battery life has doubled and no more unresponsive phone/apps. I even tried to run several apps, call from another phone, answer the call and check some email at the same time and all run smoothly.
It might not be the final answer to the problem, but for those having it, give it a try. Disable facebook background task and check if things get better.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Settings > System > About > reset your phone. Do this then do not restore any data. Your phone will feel brand new. I guarantee it. (P.S say goodbye to your game data if unless it has OneDrive saves. You don't have to clear your sd card)

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

RM-1073, T-Mobile Lumia 640, Build 10166

Uber doesn't work. I may get to work once, but all future attempts fails. Can't login.

Groove Music still skips when streaming over LTE. Pandora is fine. This may be more a groove issue though, as my Xbox music did the same.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

ATT Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile's network running 10166. After hard reset everything works fine...except:

1. Data doesn't work...even though it shows bars, refers to an 'access point' issue that I'm not sure how to approach.
2. Every other time start screen will take forever (infinity) to load.

Any suggestions?

Go into Cellular settings. Ive found on more than one occasion data was turned off on its own.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520
Apps that are installed after installing Windows10 preview shows SD card error.
"This app is installed to an SD card. Please re-insert the SD card. If you just did, please wait for it to finish loading. If you would like to re-download the app, choose the store below."
Tried restarting, cleared the cache. But nothing works.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 1520
Apps that are installed after installing Windows10 preview shows SD card error.
"This app is installed to an SD card. Please re-insert the SD card. If you just did, please wait for it to finish loading. If you would like to re-download the app, choose the store below."
Tried restarting, cleared the cache. But nothing works.

I have Lumia 1320. Even I too faced the same problem as you are getting error with sd card. So switch off your phone n witch it on. Before you get into lock screen you will get a message saying that 'SD CARD ERROR...' so click yes and unlock you phone. Go to apps section and open storage app. In SD card section it shows as scanning and once it's done with the scan it'll show how much ur sd card space is (which means your sd card scanning is complete), then restart your phone. There it is... All your apps back in working like before.
Let me know whether it helped you. 😊

jasimud

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Hi, i've recently updated my lumia 925 to WP10 build 10166 and i have no LTE connection. I have 3G but no LTE and when i go to network settings i don?t have the option to select my carrier speed to 4G. Also i don't seem to find where i can manually configure a new APN, does anyone have an idea?

EDIT: I don?t have the option of LTE in network maximum speed.

wp_ss_20150812_0002.png

Last edited:

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

I have Lumia 1320. Even I too faced the same problem as you are getting error with sd card. So switch off your phone n witch it on. Before you get into lock screen you will get a message saying that 'SD CARD ERROR...' so click yes and unlock you phone. Go to apps section and open storage app. In SD card section it shows as scanning and once it's done with the scan it'll show how much ur sd card space is (which means your sd card scanning is complete), then restart your phone. There it is... All your apps back in working like before.
Let me know whether it helped you. 😊

I have scanned once. Then moved all apps to Phone storage. Now I don't face any problem.
Another problem what I faced today is - Deleted photos are shown as thumbnails in WhatsApp attachment / Camera roll album.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

L1520
WhatsApp and other apps don't get installed. Shows error. Asks to change storage to phone. But I already have the settings as phone only.
Don't know why apps are getting installed to SD card even when settings is for Phone storage.
Now I have removed the SD to try and install WhatsApp but nothing worked. Tried Hard reset and even then the same issue.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

The apps on SD card is a known issue with 10166 that is resolved in the latest build released today. However, I'm hesitant to install the new build given the list of known bugs. The lack of video playback and a non-working hotspot are too big for me.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

L1520
WhatsApp and other apps don't get installed. Shows error. Asks to change storage to phone. But I already have the settings as phone only.
Don't know why apps are getting installed to SD card even when settings is for Phone storage.
Now I have removed the SD to try and install WhatsApp but nothing worked. Tried Hard reset and even then the same issue.

Try with the new build 10512. Or else u need to roll back to wp8.1 and install the insider build. I think it'll resolve the issue.

popi77

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

After The last update the option of searching in global address book in O365 stoped working. :(
Any workarounds?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

640 blinkin quiet hours store still needs work apps dont download performance jaggerd hopefully the next build will solve these problems a wonder what the 2000 bug fixes wear then :/

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Big problem on my Lumia 640! In my notifications and actions setting it has a red text saying "Some settings are managed by your organization" and prevents notification banners, anyone else have this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos