W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I have w10 on my 730 and there is a missed call notification on the live tile and lock screen that doesn't clear whatever I do. Any suggestion to clear it? I tried a soft reset but it didn't work.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I have w10 on my 730 and there is a missed call notification on the live tile and lock screen that doesn't clear whatever I do. Any suggestion to clear it? I tried a soft reset but it didn't work.

You need to call back the person that you missed the call. It happen to me also but only once. Tap the number and then end the call immediately.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

563442b0bfdf9bd8f1f062fe8ef36f63.png

5c31f73c1c6d33090ec76ebfe2f4d52d.png

881fccb39b01129c28fb7795e866a69c.png

As u can see dualsim phone with one dialer of win 10 and other of 8.1 .. Photos app is also buggy as options button comes in between the photos.. Lockscreen is alot bugg.. Passcode keyboard comes after while of pressing the unlick button.. Navigation bar has no hiding option. Its on all the time... Actjon centre is buggy pull down n ull see glimpse of toggles above the selected four toggles.. After a secnd they gi away.. No data connection toggle anymore.. Cortana also gone.. Ringtones custom sometime works sometimea doesn't...

Gioele Consani

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

I rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 after trying Windows 10 preview on my Lumia 830 and I'm facing this two weird problems:
1. There are two "Phone" icons in my app list, both working and I can't get rid of any of the two.
2. I can't open Keyboard advanced settings, i.e. to add comma to my keyboard. Everytime I press "advanced" button I'm taken back to the previous screen.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

For the last two days cortana says there is something wrong try later also the back up feature is not working

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I've tried to connect two different sets of wireless headphones to my Lumia 635. Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else had problems with Bluetooth?

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I just installed developer preview on my 635 and here are the things I noticed. Other than the general sluggishness:

1) The calendar tile just shows that it is Fri today, not the date (Apr 10). Only place you can see the date is the lock screen
2) When I pin the Settings tile, the image od the gear wheel icon is too grainy
3) Some of the background coloring in Settings menu are inconsistent. For example, you get a black background with white letters in the System menu, but a white background with blue/black letters in the Extras menu
4) Photos tile shows all crap, including all the crap photos you get through Whatsapp or any messenger app. This is because there is no other option than "Recent photos" for what you want to show on the photo tile
5) If you set a recurring Alarm, the Alarm tile will show more details like the days selected which makes the tile look untidy

6) New: add: On 8.1 you could side swipe from Call History to Voicemail. Now you have to tap a box at the top of the screen, very inconvenient
7) Cortana says not available in your market. I am in US, and it was there on my 8.1

Other gripes:

The phone symbol on the Call Icon just got too big to my liking

Last edited:

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Just installed on my 1520 ATT... Maps won't launch... Here maps or here drive won't launch either... I can deal with everything else... But need my navigation so I guess I'll go back to 8.1

Lukewarmchili

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I just installed the new Win 10 Tech Preview Build on my 635 from the older Win 10 TP build and I have no start screen whatsoever. All I have is the app list. I cannot swipe over for the start screen and the Pin To Start option is greyed out when I attempt to pin an app to start. I attempted a soft reset and no change. As anyone else had this problem?

Saxithon

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Mine is still at the ... and after a while it says connection error. Date/Time is correct.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Tried everything... uninstalled, re-installed... still no maps.. I'll try it again once I find out if other users had maps and navigation working in this latest build.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Camera app on the 920 is messed up, it shows nothing in the middle but like three windows on the side of the screen, have to use Lumia camera app until next build I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos