W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewixy

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

L930 - Orange FR
The build is amazing. I don't know If I will roll back to 8.1.
However:
- App update issues (didn't try to fix it).
- One app want to update... I have unstalled it
- Can't record video with Lumia Camera, but with the Microsoft Camera Yes. - It work just once, then I have to restart the phone.
- Can't lunch camera witht the button if the screen is locked
- Sometimes quick reply for sms send the text messages 5/6 hours later.
- Get hot/ Batterie drain fast
- Photo tile always want to show diaporama, even if I change the parameters to One Photo (to have transparent tile)
- No auto upload to One Drive. Changed the parametres, didn't change anything
- Sometimes Outlook notifications don't show (specialy for nonoutlook accounts)
- Too much time to close app when slide down

Every thing else is working.
but I have some thing I don't like/don't understand
- I have to clic on the [...] to show up options for app, the slide up don't work. (not an issue, but I don't like it)
- What is "IE" account liked to profilesin the People app when there is a picture
- no big picture when call
- Caller ID police is too big, can't see the whole nickname

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

for Edge: can anyone use wordflow? in other words, does the swipe to type work in Edge?
I am on 10149, with lumia 521 and it doesnt work - although wordflow/swipe to type does work everywhere else...

Also for Edge: is there any indication that the page is loading? or the link you just clicked is actively opening?

Dellboy2012

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 630

Start screen sometimes doesn't load, stays on "Loading..." message forever. If I press and hold back arrow image becomes pixelated and distorted. I tried taking screenshot of it but screenshot was fine! I of course did a hard reset with no help.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I have 40 apps download pending in store beta. The problem is not downloading even my phone just switch to lock screen. Background downloading not working.

Catterwall

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Cannot open photos, camera, people, messaging...gives me an error saying, 'There's a problem with People/Messaging. First, try to buy the app. If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again'. Haven't been able to figure out a solution...

I had the same issue after updating to this build. You need to perform a hard reset and they'll all come back

Last edited:

Catterwall

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Going to have to uninstall, I think. My contacts receive endless duplicates of the same text message from me (i.e. I send a message once, they get a flood of 6-10 copies) and I don't get the messages from them telling me to cut it out (I only find out from bemused emails!).

I'm having the same issue.. Worked fine at first, but I don't receive ANY messages from anyone and every time that I reset my phone, my friends are bombarded with duplicate messages.

Has anyone found a fix for this or are we going to need to wait for the next update?

Silas Delgado

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Hey, Charles.

I have the same problem here. Cortana does work, but she doesn't speak anything. On the Hey Cortana issue, it's not available for our phone L930. :/

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

for Edge: can anyone use wordflow? in other words, does the swipe to type work in Edge?
I am on 10149, with lumia 521 and it doesnt work - although wordflow/swipe to type does work everywhere else...

Also for Edge: is there any indication that the page is loading? or the link you just clicked is actively opening?
I think it is because Microsoft thinks that we would only use the address bar to type in web address and not to search.

If you look at Chrome on Android, the same thing happens. Let's report!

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same issue.. Worked fine at first, but I don't receive ANY messages from anyone and every time that I reset my phone, my friends are bombarded with duplicate messages.

Has anyone found a fix for this or are we going to need to wait for the next update?

I don't think so - it doesn't seem to be affecting enough users. Still, I'm kind of surprised it's not been a priority issue given that the bug could actually cost users money, by running out their credit (if they're on normal pay-as-you-go) or exceeding their message limits. It's pretty bad for Windows Phone's image too that our friends now think the platform is something to avoid.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

After I updated to 10149 everything worked really smoothly but then I did a couple of hard resets and got the following problems:

-Unable to change background image on start screen
-Able to change backround image but it is low resolution/blurry
-A lot of apps stuck in download
-Unable to delete apps stuck in download
-Can not find glance screen settings
-Unable to delete certain apps that are not working correctly
-Crazy battery drain
-Quiet hours icon in quick settings flashing

Finally I did a clean install (not restoring to a saved backup) and that solved most problems. Still cannot find glance screen settings and the quiet hours icon is still flashing, but other than that everything seems to be working fine and it is stable enough to be my daily driver.

I'm using an unlocked Lumia 830 in Sweden.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

My sms was very delayed on my 1520 after a clean install, it took time to develop. Had to drop because when me or my wife is at work that is our primary communication.

paul swann1

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

With the latest update, I've noticed that cortana will not respond to "hey cortana" when phone is off or locked. lumia icon.
thanks

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I hope everyone is reporting their issues in the Feedback app.

I've been on this build since it came out and most of it is working fine aside for the issues I posted earlier.

On my 830, all I did was leave it overnight to update and show the cogs. No hard reset. Yeah, I had the blinking toggles, but they eventually stopped. They no longer blink and haven't blinked for I don't know how many days. Battery life is pretty decent. I could go into background apps and disable most of the apps I didn't need to run in the background too.

I still have issues with mobile hotspot sometimes not engaging, but turning off wifi makes it work again.

It's sometimes hard for Cortana to register the key press for the Remind button and I have to press it a couple times..

If you guys are debating on doing another hard reset, try going back to 8.1 and just upgrading this time and let it sit like mine. We know that a hard reset breaks glance screen and extras and info. The next morning, glance was there and working along with my custom backgrounds. I had no double apps issues and no overlapping tiles.

Overall, it's not bad as a DD for me. YMMV.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I think it is because Microsoft thinks that we would only use the address bar to type in web address and not to search.

If you look at Chrome on Android, the same thing happens. Let's report!

well, actually, explorer allows you to use word flow when typing the web address... it may not get it right, but its there...just tried it on my wp8.1 device and it works. it allows you to swipe..

And nobody has any issue with Edge not showing you whether its hung/crashed or is actually loading the page?

I have reported both via feedback app.

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

well, actually, explorer allows you to use word flow when typing the web address... it may not get it right, but its there...just tried it on my wp8.1 device and it works. it allows you to swipe..

And nobody has any issue with Edge not showing you whether its hung/crashed or is actually loading the page?

I have reported both via feedback app.
Exactly, I do also hope they'll bring it back. Will upvote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo