AMD Catalyst Drivers, Fixed yet ??

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently running Win10 TP on both an Asus VivoTab and a Samsung Laptop with touch screen display ( AtivBook 9 ). So far I have had little problem with the VivoTab, the odd cdd.dll error on restart but nothing that I would call a showstopper. The Samsung on the other hand is giving me nothing but grief. On a clean install it works as it should but once the mandatory Windows Update runs it downloads the AMD Catalyst Driver. This instantly gives an error that the driver is not working and puts the display into a horrid resolution which can't be changed. I have researched the fault with both the Insider forums and the dedicated Technet forums and it seems that there IS a known issue with said driver and until either a new build is out or the driver gets updated their is little that can be done. So I ask; does anybody know if the driver has been fixed and, if possible via a registry tweak, it is possible to custom pick the items for download via Win Update? I have came across a tweak that downloads the updates but does not install then until manually clicked but this does not allow for the individual selection of items. Thanks in advance

anubhavmajumder

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, I faced the same problem on my HP 15 [AMD A8 with Radeon R5 Graphics] laptop for almost 15 days. Almost given up on it.

Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager-> Display Adapters->

Right click on your AMD adapter-> Uninstall [Note: Check the box which says delete software for this device]

Next Go to Programs And Features-> Uninstall a Program
Remove all the Catalyst related software.

Reboot the device.

Go to Start-> Settings -> Update and Recovery

And voila you'll finally get what you needed.

oshea

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
ADM graphics card radeon (6490m) on my HP pavilion Dv-7 6178us still not working. My OS randomly giving me the Blue Screen of Death ( probably 30 times). I disabled the driver, for it kept trying to tell it it was a 7900m device. Then I installed the AMD driver package from their website and with all the drivers it contains it did not have the 6490m ??? I tried the HP and their HP driver recongizer app would not run properly on the Windows 10 and so I could not test to see if they have it. Anyone out there with any luck with a 6490m card that has had better luck than me: please let know what you did.

The only way I have found to make it work is to disable the AMD driver and run the Intel internal h3000 instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077