Date/time format in calendar app in Windows 10

Tony Xiang

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
There is a known issue in Windows Phone 8.1. The date/time format in calendar app does not respect the phone regional (date/time format) setting, but it follows the display language setting. For example, if I set the display language in English(US), and regional setting to Chinese. The date/time in all the places except calendar app will be shown in Chinese format, but in the calendar app, the date/time format is English(US).

There is a thread discussing this:
Windows Phone 8.1: calendar app does not follow regional - Microsoft Community

I wonder if Windows 10 for Phone fixes this issue, but I have a Lumia 930 so I cannot check it yet. Maybe somebody can check this? You can set your display language to English(US), and the regional (date/time format) to e.g. Chinese. And open the calendar app, to see which format the date/time is shown.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Xiang

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
There is a reason that every OS has the independent settings for display language and date/time format.

As a simple example, if an American guy lives in China, he want to use English(US) (which is his native language) as display language in the phone. However, when he opens calendar app, he wants to see Chinese date/time format, which is consistent with all other media in the local region.

Should you live in a country with a different official language than your preferred phone/pc display language, you would understand the importance of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss