For all Lumia onwers who did the ''W10 hack''?

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
For all lumia onwers who did the ''w10 hack''

How is the experience. Is your device renamed to 635?

i did it too and now an update is ready to download. But i think i wait until my device (520) is supported. Until that time it's fun to look at the message ;). But if when my device is supported what should i do, my device is now configuerd for 635.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: For all lumia onwers who did the ''w10 hack''

If you're not going to install it, your best bet is to "rename" it back to the original.
I know for sure I won't install the preview untill it officially supports my device, and until the TP is worth installing.
Right now, it has nice features, but nothing that would make me switch.
One of the main things that keeps me on 8.1 are the skinned tiles. If they add that in the next build, I may as well switch.

Also, I know that everyone's saying how installing W10 TPfP on unsupported devices is dangerous and may brick your device, but I feel like it's not THAT dangerous.
Still haven't heard that anyone bricked their device that way.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

If you're not going to install it, your best bet is to "rename" it back to the original.
I know for sure I won't install the preview untill it officially supports my device, and until the TP is worth installing.
Right now, it has nice features, but nothing that would make me switch.
One of the main things that keeps me on 8.1 are the skinned tiles. If they add that in the next build, I may as well switch.

Also, I know that everyone's saying how installing W10 TPfP on unsupported devices is dangerous and may brick your device, but I feel like it's not THAT dangerous.
Still haven't heard that anyone bricked their device that way.

And how should i "rename" it? Do You know that

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

How is the experience. Is your device renamed to 635?

i did it too and now an update is ready to download. But i think i wait until my device (520) is supported. Until that time it's fun to look at the message ;). But if when my device is supported what should i do, my device is now configuerd for 635.

If you do a full reset of the OS on your phone after that will fix you up :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss