Windows 10 on a non-Lumia phone! And my impression.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Even though I've mostly reverted back to my Lumia 820, there's one Windows Phone that was simply love at first sight - the Yezz Billy 4.7.

That may be the most ridiculous name for a phone on this planet, but I digress... it is BEAUTIFUL. And light. It's not only the lightest Windows Phone... but it's lighter than the iPhone 6. They also pulled some funky tricks with the scaling so that it can have a 4.7in 720p screen AND have that elusive 5th slot for a notification toggle (I've only ever seen this on the 1520 prior)... which is pretty much win stacked on top of win. I had to own it... and furthermore, I had to see how Windows 10 worked with it.

WIN_20150216_184419.JPG

Things I notice so far are:
- The Lumia Camera *seems* to work only until I snap a picture. Then it just freezes (somehow, I can shoot video with it perfectly - go figure).
- Nowhere near as smooth as I've seen it on other phones. Doesn't particularly like the Snapdragon 200. That's to be expected though.
- I can set a background or a lock screen image, but it just automatically decides where the positioning/cropping should go
- There's a very annoying "ENG" key next to my &123 special input enabler. I've had to deal with this on some imports before but I don't seem to be able to get rid of it.
- I thought I'd recalled seeing that there was a way to resize the keyboard. I'm not finding it.
- Photos Tile *must* show recent instead of favorites.
- I can no longer control anything in Battery Saver.

So far though, I like it. We were all warned of the smoothness and the bugs so I can't complain. I'm just happy to see that it didn't brick my phone.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well... that's Tehnical Preview. Though it does seem to work better on the supported Lumias (as expected).
It will probably be a lot better once it officially supports the Billy. Also, I agree, that phone does look very nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss