Settings become organised and messy

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Upper case, lower case, all-upper case, black bg colour, white bg colour. duplicate setting items in different groups. OMG!!!

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's still a much needed improvement over the long random list that used to change order with each update. I'm sure as time progresses it'll get even cleaner.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it would help a lot if many settings items could be filtered, I think that would help a lot. Settings for windows 10 for desktop/tablet has a similar problem. I don't just mean the main page with iconed settings, but also their subpage's, which have just as many, if not, more items.

My suggestion: provide a filter menu at the top of settings to filter according to:

1. relevance
2. alphabetical order
3. most used
4. recently used
5. recently updated
6. z->a order

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Haven't seen it yet (my $50 635 should arrive today, yay!), but the screenshots I've seen are a VAST improvement over 8.1.

My guess is that now that MS have developed the underlying technology that allows things to be organized into groups, it'll be a comparatively easy task to move items around within and between those groups.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
yes, but even though they seem more organized there are many subcategories and submenu's. Its still an experience like going through a maze to find what you want. I'm still convinced a filter would improve the settings navigation and search experience.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It's good to point things out here...it's even better to let Microsoft know about it.

Be sure to use the Windows insider app to give feedback to Microsoft for any features you are displeased with.
Good luck!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
yes, but even though they seem more organized there are many subcategories and submenu's. Its still an experience like going through a maze to find what you want. I'm still convinced a filter would improve the settings navigation and search experience.

3.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa