Massive performance difference between W10 Cyan and W10 Denim

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I had been using Windows 10 on my Lumia 830 (with fake Denim, which is just the new OS with older firmware) for the last few days and the performance was horrible. Massive lagging/stuttering on scrolling through the start screen, app list and also scrolling within apps.

I flashed Full denim today with firmware with a different product code and the difference has been massive. Now performance is "almost" the same as 8.1 while scrolling and all across the board.

Seems like Windows 10 works better with the new drivers in Denim.

Before people start abusing, yes, the phone was factory reset and restored from backup after the upgrade to W10 in both cases.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this information!

I can't wait to get Denim on my Lumia 830! Once I do, I will check also and report back since I have WP10 right now on it anyway.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I had been using Windows 10 on my Lumia 830 (with fake Denim, which is just the new OS with older firmware) for the last few days and the performance was horrible. Massive lagging/stuttering on scrolling through the start screen, app list and also scrolling within apps.

I flashed Full denim today with firmware with a different product code and the difference has been massive. Now performance is "almost" the same as 8.1 while scrolling and all across the board.

Seems like Windows 10 works better with the new drivers in Denim.

Before people start abusing, yes, the phone was factory reset and restored from backup after the upgrade to W10 in both cases.

Sounds awesome! I was reading about how smooth it was on other phones and I thought something was wrong with mine!

If you don't mind me asking, which 830 do you have and which product code did you use to get Denim?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds awesome! I was reading about how smooth it was on other phones and I thought something was wrong with mine!

If you don't mind me asking, which 830 do you have and which product code did you use to get Denim?

​Hello. I have Lumia 830. The last product code was "IMEA IN CV D GREY- 059W4W4", version 02040.00005.14372.54001 and the new product code is "IMEA 9L CV D GREY - 059W5X8", version 02040.00019.14484.24002

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
​Hello. I have Lumia 830. The last product code was "IMEA IN CV D GREY- 059W4W4", version 02040.00005.14372.54001 and the new product code is "IMEA 9L CV D GREY - 059W5X8", version 02040.00019.14484.24002

Thank you for the information! You have an RM-984 variant of the Lumia 830. Us with the ATT RM-983 are still stuck without full denim unless someone has found another product code that works.

Thank you for sharing. It makes me that much more excited for the firmware update if it ever comes to ATT...

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I had to roll back to 8.1 because try what I may, I couldn't get the English-IN keyboard to download on Win 10. I tried the workaround suggested by MS on it's website, but it didn't work either.

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
That good to hear. Me having a Lumia 830 RM 985 stutter in scrolling. I thought it was hardware defect but now you have gave me a hope it is fixed. Can't wait for full denim!!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I had been using Windows 10 on my Lumia 830 (with fake Denim, which is just the new OS with older firmware) .

Just to clarify, you didn't have a "fake Denim", you just had early access to all the latest generic OS bits, served up via PfD. I also have an HTC 8X and had the same latest OS bits too. There'd be no "Denim" firmware for that phone no matter how long I waited.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, you didn't have a "fake Denim", you just had early access to all the latest generic OS bits, served up via PfD. I also have an HTC 8X and had the same latest OS bits too. There'd be no "Denim" firmware for that phone no matter how long I waited.

​I would consider it fake, as the phone is sold saying it is on Denim, whereas it is not. As per Nokia (and now MS), Denim is a new firmware, which includes the Windows 8.1 Update OS as well as the updated drivers etc. to support Lumia Camera 5.0. This holds tur for a phone like 730/735.

​For 830, it is still named Lumia Denim, but only includes the updated OS, not the drivers. This is no different than if I have a 930/1520 and use Preview for Developers to get the newer OS without the firmware. In this case, they would still be considered to be on CYAN, not DENIM.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
​I would consider it fake, as the phone is sold saying it is on Denim, whereas it is not. As per Nokia (and now MS), Denim is a new firmware, which includes the Windows 8.1 Update OS as well as the updated drivers etc. to support Lumia Camera 5.0. This holds tur for a phone like 730/735.

​For 830, it is still named Lumia Denim, but only includes the updated OS, not the drivers. This is no different than if I have a 930/1520 and use Preview for Developers to get the newer OS without the firmware. In this case, they would still be considered to be on CYAN, not DENIM.

Exactly! They promoted this Lumia 830 with the Denim update and even show this phone on stage with Lumia Camera 5 but that's not what we got. That's why I always write "fake denim" lol.... until I get the real deal here :)

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
This is confusing. I have a UK Lumia 925 on Vodafone running the Preview For Developers. This meant I got the new 8.1 OS features like Start Screen folders etc. According to MS I think Denim should have been available but the phone still displays Cyan under extras+info. Did PfD stop Denim being available? Running the Windows 10 Preview currently but I may go back to 8 native to see if Denim shows up. Thoughts?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This is confusing. I have a UK Lumia 925 on Vodafone running the Preview For Developers. This meant I got the new 8.1 OS features like Start Screen folders etc. According to MS I think Denim should have been available but the phone still displays Cyan under extras+info. Did PfD stop Denim being available? Running the Windows 10 Preview currently but I may go back to 8 native to see if Denim shows up. Thoughts?

You wont get Denim firmware until your carrier pushes it, regardless of the OS you are on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos