Using mouse for gestures.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else miss using the mouse to grab Windows and close them or to move to the upper right to trigger charms (now notifications)?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Using the "grab & pull down" action to close an app with a mouse was always awkward to me. I'm extremely happy to see all of the swiping gestures going away. I only liked the task / app changing swipe gesture from the left. my guess is Windows 10 will ship with non of it. Since we have Task View and now the charms menu features have been placed into the app's title bar.

It appears Microsoft already had an idea of how Windows 10 would work when they decided to moved the Start Button to the right side on the Surface Pro 3 --- that was really the only reason I used the charms, the Start Button. It was odd holding a device like the Surface (any of them) with one hand to move your hand to the bottom center to press the capacitive start button.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I used modern mix so didn't close apps by dragging them down but putting pc to sleep I used the charms and I keep finding myself trying to do it and can't with win 10.
The biggest change for me with win 10 is I use apps less and back to desktop programs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon