Remove dell data protection

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, attempting to install windows 10 but it says I can't until dell data protection is removed. Only I can't seem to get rid of this, the dell website says I need to access a administration console and change sed encryption to off, cannot find any administration console and Google is no help finding it.

A bit stuck, frustrated that dell is putting rubbish on the laptop that means I can't use it as I would like.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that by 'administration console' they mean for you to open the command line in administrator mode. They seem to be using Linux/Unix terminology, the chap who wrote that guidance is probably confused and thinks all tablets are Android or Mac which have basically Unix backgrounds.

Good luck. None of this nonsense with the Toshiba Encore. Just saying.

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
You sure its not secure boot? Did you disable this or possibly drive encryption? Possible dellware installed from add remove programs?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Managed to get it weak enough to do the install. Not sure how, would say to people be careful with dell! The bloat ware they install is really hard to remove.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
that's good to know that with Dell it is harder....it proves that it is more secure..so no one can't tamper with it easily.

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
its not harder. If you setup all their software / bloatware of corse it will be harder than a fully blank windows install. Just like HP protect tools. Not much secure in my eyes.

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about him but I love my Dell Venue 11 Pro...although I have not tried the TP on it.....

I'm using build 9926 on my Venue 11 pro, and it does pretty well. It's speedy for sure, but the battery life leaves me wishing. It's not quite as long lived when suspended, but it's just a preview. 😊

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
that's good to know that with Dell it is harder....it proves that it is more secure..so no one can't tamper with it easily.

That's an interesting perspective, for software I did not choose for them to install, software that was crippling my system because as I later found for many Dells the software was installed corrupt - by dell! - that this is hard to remove.....?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99