How can I fix the sound distortion I am experiencing with Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio laptop (model SVF152C29M.)?

John Ashton

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Sound distortion with windows 10 on my Sony Vaio laptop model SVF152C29M.

I am using windows 10 pro technical preview on my Sony Vaio laptop model SVF152C29M. I am experiencing bad sound distortion. I am up to date with all my windows updates and i haven't noticed a change with the audio sound, i have also tried various audio drives and had no luck! The sound drive that my system is using is called realtek high definition audio. It seems to be working fine if i use a HDMI cable and use the television for sound. When using the laptop sound system I can hear the correct sound in the background then the distortion kicks in and i cant hear much that sounds correct. It might just be a case of waiting for an update but not sure. If anyone can help or has a suggestion or solution please reply.

Last edited:

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sound distortion with windows 10 on my Sony Vaio laptop model SVF152C29M.

I have the same problem, but using Bluetooth headsets, it's not a Sony but uses Realtek drivers and can't seem to figure out wth is happening.. Maybe are Bluetooth drivers or Windows 10 is having sound problems maybe.. It's just a very early build so, as I did I recommend you to leave feedback onto the feedback app.. Cheers

Vinoth94

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I am experiencing similar sort of problem I am using Asus X500L Lap. Laptop sound used to be quite high But after recent windows update I found lag in sound. Hope microsoft fix it in next updates

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the ASUS G75VX-RH71 notebook with Realtek HD audio and I've had this very bad distorted feedback sound and to fix that I've turned down the internal subwoofer down by moving the slider bar so it's off. First, open up Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound, and then open up RealTek HD Audio Manager. In Realtek HD Audio Manager's Speakers tab move the slider bar to the left for Internal Subwoofer. This annoyance eliminated my horrible sound. Hopefully it'll work for you, that is, if your system is using the Realtek audio drivers.

Cheers!

Scaldari

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I found that my drivers had been updated recently and seem to coincide with the problem. found a new set on the Realtek website that are dated 4/21.

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
What is the version number of the Realtek driver you're using? 6.0.1.7488 should solve the static on all configurations, but if you've got something that still produces static I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

no_bdy

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
if you go into your manage audio devices, right click the speakers that are having the issues and select properties. go to levels and reduce the level of your internal subwoofer to zero.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on Sony Viao. Just upgraded to 10 from 8.1
Updated Realteck to the latest drivers 1.0.64.10 but still sounds like crap. I have no setting for sub? Where do I find them I looked everywhere including right click but nadda? Help, my sound is compleate CRAP!

Sissi Smith

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on Sony Viao. Just upgraded to 10 from 8.1
Updated Realteck to the latest drivers 1.0.64.10 but still sounds like crap. I have no setting for sub? Where do I find them I looked everywhere including right click but nadda? Help, my sound is compleate CRAP!

Same exact issue for me... I've tried everything suggested, and then some. I also do not have a level option for an internal subwoofer. Frustrated beyond belief...

Sissi Smith

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Update: I was about to give up and revert back to 8.1 when I decided to make one last ditch effort. Try going to the Sony Tech Support website, enter your model number, then redownload and install the factory preset version of the sound drivers. This worked like a charm for me. Hope it helps!

Greg P1

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem with my HP notebook, and I think I know the cause: The Beats Audio applet that came installed on the computer stopped working when Windows 10 was installed. The EQ settings in the applet are unresponsive, but the EQ graph still works, and shows the default sound profile as about as bad as anyone could tune an EQ. The reason for this (I'm sure) is to emphasize the effects of the Beats EQ (see how much better it sounds?) to maximize the difference in sound between using the Beats applet and not using it. Now that the Beats EQ isn't working, all I get is very bad sound coming through my Windows 10 system all the time.

I searched online for a Windows 10 EQ, but all I found was the SourceForge "Equalizer APO," but after installation, I noticed that all sound on my computer was no longer working. I had to uninstall it to get my sound back. I subsequently learned that it doesn't work in Windows 10, and there is some sort of workaround, but it involves some elaborate tweaking of the registry; something which I have no appetite for after my previous experience. I am hopeful that something better will appear in the future.

If anyone has a reasonable solution to this problem, please do tell.
Thanks

Gui B

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a HP probook and I have the same problems with sound, first it was very low, then the distortion, the first one I fixed by:
-Going to the Sound Max symbol (I have it) and setting things at my liking
But the distortion is still a problem with me and since it is happening with other computers and different models I believe it is a problem related to the update/upgrade to Windows 10.
And if someone from the company is interested in solving this problem it would be appreciated since I am in the music business and I see that the problem is not in the browser because I have tried chrome, torch and edge and all have the same problem .
Please fix this because it is messing many peoples lives and making others angry.
Yours Truly
GuiB

Naga praveen

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi..
You just open control panel? Un install progam? then select realtek audio driver to Un install..

After that restart your system and check the audio..problem is fixed..

milusik

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
ALL WORKED on my sony vaio! NAGA PRAVEEN found a soulution! But all of a sudden the problem popped up again...I deleted realtek hd audio a number of times, restarted my computer and it's back again...no idea how to get rid of it....if I manage to finally get rid of it, the problem will be fixed

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett