What about a live background for the home screen in W10P

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I thought MS was going to bring Live backgrounds to Win8.1 probably in GDR2?
Hopefully they'll push this functionality into Win10...

G.

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I would love live background on my computer, no problem about battery life as it is connected to power! Still i want it phone also

Sarmad Khalil

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Idc about the battery...more features more users... Warn them about the battery drainage when user is setting the background...but dont hold back features...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Was thinking about this but I feel battery life will take a major blow...
I'm not sure, how much time to people really spend on the start screen? I can play hours and hours of HD video on my 1520, so showing a live background ten minutes per day shouldn't be too bad. But maybe some people leave the start screen on a lot?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Please... No!!!!!
A waste of resources and battery life for a 'special effect'.... Leave that for Android, please!!!
As long as it's an option, why worry? As long as the start screen customization screen doesn't get too crazy complicated, having more options is better. Apparently some users like it. So far it's not too much:

Already in WP10:
- see through tile background with parallax
- full-screen background, no parallax

The only thing to be added would be an option to allow video and animated picture formats for backgrounds, with a proper warning about battery life, and an entry in Battery Saver. Seems doable, and kind of fun.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As long as it's an option, why worry? As long as the start screen customization screen doesn't get too crazy complicated, having more options is better. Apparently some users like it. So far it's not too much:

Already in WP10:
- see through tile background with parallax
- full-screen background, no parallax

The only thing to be added would be an option to allow video and animated picture formats for backgrounds, with a proper warning about battery life, and an entry in Battery Saver. Seems doable, and kind of fun.

That's fine in theory, but what everyone is missing, is that more features, option settings etc means a bigger ROM footprint. This in turn means more system memory used, and less overall memory for apps etc. More lag, the infamous 'resuming' screen... I could go on...

I'm all for options. but not at the expense of speed and fluidity. I mean, isn't that what we truly love about our OS????

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm all for options. but not at the expense of speed and fluidity. I mean, isn't that what we truly love about our OS????

There was a time, way back when WP8 came out and the whole idea behind it was simplicity. Getting things done. Getting the info you need, etc. Unfortunately, that's not what people want. People want eye candy for some reason. A new way to show off. If you can't buy that luxury car or house you can at least show off how 'neat' your phone is.

People don't seem to understand that there is a cost to options but hey, we've been heading down the 'android' path for some time now so why not go all the way? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12