BSOD who would have thought

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So this morning I finally saw a BSOD in a very long time. Never did i get it on Win 8 and 8.1 but now on TP. while it was "gathering info" I am guessing for the dump file on the bottom of the screen it said if I want to look it up look for BAD_POOL_CALLER. Now this being a TP there is not much out there for me to search. Anyone got a BSOD on TP yet?
If it helps I was on FB watching a shared video and was trying to replay from the start and increase the volume at the same time.

Techeads please advice

Cheers
S

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
On an authorized device? (means for which MS released WP 10 TP) then you can report MS and help them so that they will fix it and would not happen again with other devices. If its on another device with that any kind of hack.....Not sure who can help :)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Since an update last weekend, I've been getting several BSODs a day. Expected from a tech preview, though. All the same thing. Mine appears to stem from corrupted data from the upgrade. At least that's the current hypothesis. I'll probably be re-installing clean within the week.

Got an update yesterday evening again. So far no BSOD today. Usually I would have already had a couple by now. We'll see how it goes.

Yes, you can expect those with a tech preview.

Your BSOD is due to a bad call to the data pool, which is a small collection of files and settings that Windows keeps ready to access more quickly when requested. It's intended to speed things up for your system. Somehow, corruption may have gotten into the collection of files or settings that Windows is using. It's a pretty serious error.

To fix it, you should try several different things.
#1, if it always occurs while using a particular program, then uninstall and reinstall that probgram.
#2, Use a reliable registry cleaner to clean your registry. There could be registry corruption that is causing the issue.
#3, Repair Windows by reinstalling problem windows files. You really don't know which ones, and since this is a tech preview, I'd recommend a clean install of the latest Tech Preview image.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
well, seeing as this is the Windows 10 Technical Preview forum and not the windows 10 for phones forum we can assume that It is a PC.

If you attach or send me the minidump file. location c:\windows\minidump I can debug it for you and figure out what the cause was. Chances are it is related to either the video or audio driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro