Virtual Desktop-project my screen app

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I don't know who this fits, but projecting my screen to a virtual desktop is actually pretty cool. toggling back and forth between the desktops allow you to have a connection to your phone, while not taking up your entire work desktop.

the very basic thing is that you can call/SMS through your computer now, without hiccups. the problem is it's still a horrible experience in that you have to toggle from one desktop to another, and you don't have the ability to make the desktop a window and pin it somewhere. I hope this changes. somehow with either a new project my screen app, or simply an app that allows SMS through the desktop.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So, I don't know who this fits, but projecting my screen to a virtual desktop is actually pretty cool. toggling back and forth between the desktops allow you to have a connection to your phone, while not taking up your entire work desktop.

the very basic thing is that you can call/SMS through your computer now, without hiccups. the problem is it's still a horrible experience in that you have to toggle from one desktop to another, and you don't have the ability to make the desktop a window and pin it somewhere. I hope this changes. somehow with either a new project my screen app, or simply an app that allows SMS through the desktop.

I don't think I understand completely. How are you projecting the screen of your phone to a second desktop on your Win10 device? I understand project my screen allows us to project to WiDi capable devices. I also know that Win10 has multiple desktops that you can use to separate applications. How are you using them together?

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use the project my screen app, you can project your phone screen via USB to your desktop. the problem is, it's a full screen app, and takes up the entire desktop. by using multiple desktops, you can work of the phone in one desktop, while working on your computer on the other.

N_Studios

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I like how there's a way to customize it to look like your phone by modifying config.xml. I tried that (unsuccessfully) so that it would look like my Lumia 635, but I must've set it up wrong or something, because every time I try to run it with the customized config.xml as a parameter, it just gives me an error and goes back to the default.
Can anyone help me out with this? If you got it to work with the 635, could you send me your config.xml file and the necessary resources for it in some way? (Perhaps a link to OneDrive or something.)
Also, my 635 is orange, and I have a picture with a really low resolution, so if possible, I need another picture with a pretty decent resolution for use as the phone skin.

Anyone willing to help me out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo