Rolling back to 8.1 on Dell tablet

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Shoot, I don't know why I said technical preview. I meant the enterprise evaluation version. I've rectified it in my post so someone else doesn't get confused
I did everything you said, went through it a second time to verify and I just can't get the Enterprise recovery to install that xandros image. Does that make any sense to you?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me replicate that in the evening today and get back to you. I'm not sure what file system format I had used but all I had to do is copy entire contents on the root of the drive and it let me restore it

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Let me replicate that in the evening today and get back to you. I'm not sure what file system format I had used but all I had to do is copy entire contents on the root of the drive and it let me restore it
I'd really appreciate that, thank you. There must be SOMEthing I'm doing wrong. Even from a logic perspective, everything I'm doing makes sense. I'll look forward to hearing from you to see if you find anything.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd really appreciate that, thank you. There must be SOMEthing I'm doing wrong. Even from a logic perspective, everything I'm doing makes sense. I'll look forward to hearing from you to see if you find anything.

I tried replicating it today but for some reason it always kept going to my internal recovery drive. Have you tried the last suggestion on this thread?

Also are you trying to restore using the advanced startup >> troubleshoot >> advanced options >> system image recovery?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried replicating it today but for some reason it always kept going to my internal recovery drive. Have you tried the last suggestion on this thread?
Well, this is the recommendation: "a USB FAT32 formatted card and link the bios with a new entry to the EFI it will restore as long as your over 90% battery"
1. I have no idea what a "USB card" is.
2. I don't know what link the BIOS with a new entry to the EFI means.
Also are you trying to restore using the advanced startup >> troubleshoot >> advanced options >> system image recovery?
Yes, I've tried every way imaginable, choosing external drive, choosing system image, everything.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've tried every way imaginable, choosing external drive, choosing system image, everything.

With today's TP release I might end up reinstalling TP on my V8P. I guess when I roll back I will have a precise answer. I seriously don't remember what I did to restore it but the things I do remember was 1) I was on 8.1 Enterprise 2) I used the image file from xandros9. Try to send xandros9 a PM and see if he remembers anything. You might also have to disable secure boot in the BIOS during the restore

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You might also have to disable secure boot in the BIOS during the restore
Hey, thanks again for all your help. I did try again with the secure boot disabled. PMed xandros, he couldn't figure out what was wrong either. I don't have any other solution or answer here so I'm beginning to accept that I have an expensive paperweight. I guess when 10 officially comes out I can always install it. But for now, absolutely nothing is working for me. It's become very annoying.
But thanks for you help.

win32nipuh

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Okay in that case you'll have to remove all the partitions using diskpart commands first and then attempt the install

I have the problem: Windows 10 installation started, then I receive "Restoring your previous version of Windows" and it is in loop indefinitely.

I have made as you described:
1. deleted all partitions on c:
2. downloaded Windows 8 ISO and created bootable USB
3. Now I run the device with Volume UP button pressed, select the device to boot
4. I see the 1st window with selection language, keyboard and it does not react on button clicks.
What I can try else to recover my device?
P.S. I have yet one the same device , it works under windows 8.1, not upgraded. May be it can help somehow?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
4. I see the 1st window with selection language, keyboard and it does not react on button clicks.
What I can try else to recover my device?

I know that screen. I have seen it only when the USB is not recognized as a bootable device. What tool are you using to create the bootable USB?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb