xbox one 360 controller for WP10?

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This does not exist now, but I'm just going to throw it out there. it'd be pretty cool if after win10 enable USB OTG, an xbox one or 360 controller could be used in the same way that it can currently with regular windows tablets.

I'll take it a step further, and then someone made a simple USB phone holder, similar to MOGA, which could enable holding a 1520, while plugging the controller into the phone. that would be cool. basically, one step towards true xbox integration.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That would be great in theory and open up a world of gaming, but MS is too busy solving problems that don't really need solving. Instead of doing something like this, they are working on streaming xbox one games to w10 pcs anywhere in the house. It's a cool trick, but 10 people will use it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the xbox controller is usable on iOS and Android before windows phone.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
honestly, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to work with both android phones and windows phones. both will or are capable of USB OTG. making an extension device for an xbox one controller seems to fit into the strategy to accommodate more platforms.

actually, simply binging USB OTG xbox controller shows that an xbox 360 controller can be used on an android device. so, yes, you're right. an xbox controller is usable on android already. I think what is more important is that the api for developers takes the xbox one or 360 controllers is accounted for, so when they design a game, its using this as a possible input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99