Been 3 Weeks Since Win 10. How About Releasing it for 1020, 1520, 930...

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm shocked that a version for the higher end phones hasn't been released. We're going on a month here. What gives?

Jishu John

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so that they are much more concerned about the high end phones like Nokia Lumia 1520,930, 1020,,, then why have high end phones when we can't the benefit.. Why Microsoft is not thinking about this?????(

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
According to gabe aul they're doing continuous and final tests on all phones to find out which ones work and don't work with the upcoming build afterwards fixing any problems there are so maybe tomorrow will be the next build? (Hopefully) if not tomorrow then we have till the 12th which will be a month.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless you plan on really taking an active part in the Insider Program, you're really not missing much with W10 for phones, at least with this first build. I have it on my 635, and while some of it is pretty good, most of it is fairly rough around the edges. I would not want this first build on my 1520, that's for sure. Having said all of that, I do hope that they release the next build very soon and include more models.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Someone needs to Tweet Joe Belfiore, why hasn't he thought of this?! XD.

I'd love to play with it on my 1020, which is a backup. I don't think I could designate my 1520 as a backup just to play with it on there, as bad as I want to. I'd miss that screen way too much.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless you plan on really taking an active part in the Insider Program, you're really not missing much with W10 for phones, at least with this first build. I have it on my 635, and while some of it is pretty good, most of it is fairly rough around the edges. I would not want this first build on my 1520, that's for sure. Having said all of that, I do hope that they release the next build very soon and include more models.

I agree. Unless your high-end device is a secondary one, I would caution against installing Win10 on it at all. I bought an 830 off ebay just to test Win10. There's a lot to like so far but it's also very far from finished, it's not even funny. There are so many features that aren't even available, yet alone polished. If you use your phone a lot, you're going to struggle day-to-day. I can't even view my photos by Album i.e. can't browse only Facebook albums for example or just the camera roll. I suspect that there's a good number of people that have tried Win10 on their primary device for the novelty and curiosity factor have rolled back. Don't forget to back everything up!

oussama ait

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hope they release a usable preview build with more features namely the sms/skype app and universal apps when they release it ... But i will either way install it on my lumia 1520 just for the gorgeous transparent homescreen

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hope they release a usable preview build with more features namely the sms/skype app and universal apps when they release it ... But i will either way install it on my lumia 1520 just for the gorgeous transparent homescreen

Ah, be careful. On the current TP build, once you opt for the new translucent homescreen, you can't go back and select the original transparent tiled option, it doesn't exist yet. Just one of those little gotchas.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've installed or on a 635. It is rough. But I do like the look and feel. Would love to see it released for the 1020.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Soon. Lol

Why LOL? it is not a "consumer" thing, it is a prebeta OS, and they can give the updates when they think that it is able to be installed on most phones.

You are not paying anything for that software, if they want they can stop releasing builds and close the program.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Why LOL? it is not a "consumer" thing, it is a prebeta OS, and they can give the updates when they think that it is able to be installed on most phones.

You are not paying anything for that software, if they want they can stop releasing builds and close the program.

Then they should and release a half baked OS like Windows 8 and see MS fail yet again.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the release for the 1520 should be relevant on microsofts agenda in the short run, because the 1520 has extraordinary screen dimensions and they are bound to run into rendering issues quickly as some of the obvious I would suspect. Just like now there are still text rendering issues with the 1520 in windows phone 8.1. In some apps texts are larger or smaller making text in apps unreable because they show too much with too small fonts or too big, so an email because a huge scrolling issue.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Ah, be careful. On the current TP build, once you opt for the new translucent homescreen, you can't go back and select the original transparent tiled option, it doesn't exist yet. Just one of those little gotchas.

you can go back, you need to basically have another phone that is on 8.1, then you gotta sync them, if you set that up and change the wallpaper on the 8.1 phone, it will eventually carry over to the other device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers