Can I get some help with a few problems after Windows 10 to WP8.1 rollback?

Gioele Consani

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Problems after Windows 10 to WP8.1 rollback

I rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 after trying Windows 10 preview on my Lumia 830 and I'm facing this two weird problems:
1. There are two "Phone" icons in my app list, both working and I can't get rid of any of the two.
2. I can't open Keyboard advanced settings, i.e. to add comma to my keyboard. Everytime I press "advanced" button I'm taken back to the previous screen.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Gioele Consani

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems after Windows 10 to WP8.1 rollback

I used Windows Recovery Tool, installing all the updates before restoring the phone yesterday.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem. Exact same issues.

Would love to know a solution here.

Lumia Software Recovery Tool 5.0.6 for me on a Lumia 635 on AT&T, US Region.

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

That's weird because I used the same tool to rollback to wp8.1. But I am not having any kind of issue. Try downloading the package again and see if it works properly this time.

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I too have the lumia 830 btw. Try using the windows phone recovery tool instead of lumia recovery tool.

Chung Wei Leong

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Try use the Lumia recovery tool, i used for my Lumia 830 previously and works fine...i don't know what is the differences between windows phone recovery tool and Lumia recovery tool, but for my opinion better using the Lumia recovery instead windows phone recovery, since the windows phone recovery also can apply for non-Lumia phone, but Lumia recovery is just for Lumia phone...other than that windows phone recovery tool also consider as a very new software, so maybe it has some bug we don't know

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I did not had any problem rolloing back on L625..I think I used the LSRT or was it WSRT....damn I don't remember..

Last edited:

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

I rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 after trying Windows 10 preview on my Lumia 830 and I'm facing this two weird problems:
1. There are two "Phone" icons in my app list, both working and I can't get rid of any of the two.
2. I can't open Keyboard advanced settings, i.e. to add comma to my keyboard. Everytime I press "advanced" button I'm taken back to the previous screen.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Did you try a hard reset after rolling back?

daRRko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone else get this while trying to rollback to 8.1 "there was a problem while downloading the software package" ? after chosing try again, download starts from begining and same problem hapend !? Lumia 630

Chung Wei Leong

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone else get this while trying to rollback to 8.1 "there was a problem while downloading the software package" ? after chosing try again, download starts from begining and same problem hapend !? Lumia 630

It should be continue where it left off, try use other PC.

daRRko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Thanks! It worked. Win 10 Technical preview was way too buggy, i had to rollback to 8.1, and now I'm waiting full official Win 10 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss