Broken Taskbar

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
since today my taskbar seems broken. Restart doesn't help. I can't click on the windows symbol, can't use Cortana or the Cortana Bar and can't use the notification center. But what's working are the pinned programs (even Task bar), the time and language menu, as well as all other symbols in the right corner (I don't know the name of them, but symbols like speaker, network, OneDrive,...) and the right click menu on the taskbar. When I click on the network symbol in the right corner, the settings window appears for about 10 seconds, where it shows the gear on the purple background and then closes after about 10 seconds.

The problem is, I can't report the bug, because I can't open the Feedback App^^

Anyone here, who can help me?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a window freeze. I got that from time to time. What I do is a complete shut down for 5 min not a re-start.

For the window logo try to use the window key of the k-board or ctrl+esc to go to the start page.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Nope, that doesn't work either. My PC was shut down for over 8 hours while I was sleeping, but nothing changed. Windows key doesn't work either.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had to reinstall this version (from ISO) at least 4 times already. It always fixes my problem of the day, but of course never fixes the many items not working from the get go.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I can't revert back to 8.1, because it's my main partition xD
Of course I could reset or install it again, but this would be a critical bug in the release version of W10 and wanted to share it, so that it can be fixed. I'll wait a bit to see, if someone has an idea what I could try, so that I could be of help... maybe^^

edit: Okay, I got an update today and after the install and restart it is working again. So, thread can be closed ;)

Last edited:

Eugene Ko

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't revert back to 8.1, because it's my main partition xD
Of course I could reset or install it again, but this would be a critical bug in the release version of W10 and wanted to share it, so that it can be fixed. I'll wait a bit to see, if someone has an idea what I could try, so that I could be of help... maybe^^

edit: Okay, I got an update today and after the install and restart it is working again. So, thread can be closed ;)

Same thing is happening to me. Waiting for them to fix it or at least tell us what to do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss