How can I recover my drive E or D after a Windows 10 reset?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 reset

hi
i have windows 10 preview installed in my pc, when come running bad i decide to reset it, when i have done this reset, i see that the windows had format or reset all my data in all drive i had (C, D, E)
please how i can recover my drive E or D, is there any why to recover there
please help me

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Windows reset won't affect Drive D:\ and E:\ . However you should have backed it up to an external drive before playing with TP builds. Sorry, there is no way around to get the lost data back.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
There are programs that can recover erased data. I don't know about them at all, and I think you'll have to pay for it.

My buddy used one when he accidentally erased the wrong drive. Got all his data back.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 reset

Are you positive that those drives/partitions have actually been deleted? Have you checked the drive structure with the Windows Disk Manager?

kingstdz

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
hi
thanks for your reply
i have trie all programme of recovery, i cant know what windows do to earase all data, allprogramme without success to recovery
how to back my data in drive e
thanks

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
If you want to recover data from a drive that has been deleted.The data will most likely still be there,with ntfs it will,But you will need to use some type of digital forensic tool like ftk or encase to image the drive.These aren't free or easy to use.prodiscover free is a decent choice,but you really don't want to go down that road unless your familiar with file systems and digital forensics,and the data is really important.

If its a case of losing only your applications and settings,then don't worry,I've often had to reinstall apps after changing Operating system.This just takes a bit of time

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

OP, again, did you check with Windows Disk Manager to verify that those drives are indeed gone, i.e. that they aren't just hidden partitions? Could you upload a screenshot of what Disk Manager shows you?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Another thing to try if you have a Linux machine available is to hook your hard drive up to it with USB. Sometimes Linux recognizes files that Windows doesn't. We keep a Linux computer at our tech bench at work for that very reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium