If MS cancelled all future phone development, what would you do?

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of curious. For all the pissing and moaning about MS I do (of which I do a lot haha), Windows is still hands down my preferred OS. I'm not really sure what I would do if they killed phone support, since I find iOS so restrictive and Android's UI so incredibly unfriendly.

What would you folks do? Also feel free to delete this post if someone's already made a thread asking this :)

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well... I kinda never left Android (still have a Nexus 5 and recently bought an LG G3) so I've been able to keep up to date with the disappointment of knowing Android is still an unstable catastrophe... so that's off the list.

While I think it's silly to claim loyalist for any one platform, Windows has been the one that has what I need. While Mac/Linux users leap through hoops to virtualize the many things Windows has over them, we have the native support...

... and for all the pissing and moaning going on about the WP "app gap," I haven't found a single thing I did on my Android that I didn't find an alternative for on Windows Phone. GPS navigation, NFC payment, health/exercise, controlling my TV, banking, bill payments, news, social media, real time translation... all of it's there.

... If MS up and stopped, I might have to *choke*... go Apple.

Last edited:

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm wondering if Blackberry would be a viable alternative? I know next to nothing about Blackberry since they never really took off here in Brisbane, as far as I'm aware. It seems dead in the water, but they keep releasing hardware...

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
That will not happen for a long time! MS bought Nokia, so if they stop making phones they would go under a big loss because their phone division would be useless!

If anything happens, i would go for Apple iOS instead of those stupid Google Android

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One M7 and this is probably the only Android phone I could see my self ever using. I love the newer Sense UI (version 5+). So my obvious choice would be the HTC M series.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

EliaJada

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine would be a finding the best android phone I can find
And slapping Cyanogenmod on it. I'm not comfortable with Google's stock Android or the companies' altered versions.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I would move to Android or iOS. Frankly, as long as I can get my bevy of Microsoft services/apps, I'm more than happy to migrate. I love the mobile OS market due to it's extremely competitive and dynamic nature. I have no reason to stick around with one OS when someone can cater to my whims better. Hopefully MS has no intention of killing off Windows OSes on mobile devices. It would be a pretty sharp turn away from their all encompassing strategy.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is unrealistic to think that if there is no improvement in market share after 2 years of WP10 they would throw in the towel. Maybe part of the reason why they have their apps on iOS and Android is for that very reason.

But that wasn't the question! I used an iPhone before coming over to WP but that was before Android had their act together. I'd probably have to see what handsets were on the market that time. The thing I really like about Android is the choice of so many different phones, but at least the iPhone has two sizes now.

iOS just felt so restricted and I wouldn't mind having to tinker with Android to get it how I like. But in any case, I'd miss the simplicity and elegance of WP.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster