Guys its happening google is dropping hamburger

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I know what's happening. It's a circle of hamburgers. Once MS gets them, Google circles around them and removes it. Now google is at the top again.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
If Android really removed hamburger from all the apps, I might go with Android! They are becoming what WP was UI wise, and we are becoming like what they were.

sent from my LUMIA 920

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So far Google seems to just be testing out that option as they didn't rolled it worldwide (thank God!)

I seriously hope they don't drop hamburger menus. Specially if they replace them with a solution that presents the same problems hamburger menus represent on WP.
Hamburger menus are NOT a problem IF correctly implemented, which means, they're accessible by swiping from the left of the screen. The problem with hamburger menus on WP so far is that Microsoft forgot that on mobile devices, those menus need to be accessible through a swipe from the left.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
So far Google seems to just be testing out that option as they didn't rolled it worldwide (thank God!)

I seriously hope they don't drop hamburger menus. Specially if they replace them with a solution that presents the same problems hamburger menus represent on WP.
Hamburger menus are NOT a problem IF correctly implemented, which means, they're accessible by swiping from the left of the screen. The problem with hamburger menus on WP so far is that Microsoft forgot that on mobile devices, those menus need to be accessible through a swipe from the left.

Even if swipable, you have to tap the content on the top of the screen which is not thumb friendly.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Even if swipable, you have to tap the content on the top of the screen which is not thumb friendly.

Not on Android you don't. You generally don't need to actually click the 3 lines. And Microsoft itself knows how to implement hamburger menus as, for example, their OneDrive app for Android has the hamburger menu but you can open it by swiping from ANYWHERE at the left side of the screen.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Not on Android you don't. You generally don't need to actually click the 3 lines. And Microsoft itself knows how to implement hamburger menus as, for example, their OneDrive app for Android has the hamburger menu but you can open it by swiping from ANYWHERE at the left side of the screen.

You didn't really get what I meant. Yes, you never have to tap the three lines of the hamburger if it is swipable. But, you have to tap the menus, the hamburger contains. For ex. OneDrive app for Windows Phone, you have to tap on the upper left corner to switch to the Business account. This is not thumb friendly, I meant!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You didn't really get what I meant. Yes, you never have to tap the three lines of the hamburger if it is swipable. But, you have to tap the menus, the hamburger contains. For ex. OneDrive app for Windows Phone, you have to tap on the upper left corner to switch to the Business account. This is not thumb friendly, I meant!

Ah yes, that you have. But then again, you'll ALWAYS have to do that, regardless of the menu format. Unless you use an endless list of menus side by side. Which is an even worse option.
The major complain with hamburger menus on WP is that Microsoft is replacing the menu from a place where it's easily accessible - the lower right corner - and putting it on a harder place to reach - the top left corner.

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site

This.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't necessarily mind the hamburger menu, though I have come to like pivots and the ellipses menu. My real objection to the hamburger is its asinine placement in the upper left of the screen. For right handed users (they vast majority) the upper left is the furthest point from your thumb and the hardest to reach, especially on larger screen devices. If they're going to really on hamburgers going forward, at least put it in the lower right or upper right where it is easier to access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes