Apparently - Windows 10 for phones build 12521 has leaked! [Soure Neowin via WindowsMania.pl]

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not going to lie the wp10 UI still looks like a mess if these screenshots are to be believed. Especially that New Outlook Contact one it looks like a mockup drawn in powerpoint or paint! MS will need to put in a lot of polish before it is ready for primetime.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Not going to lie the wp10 UI still looks like a mess if these screenshots are to be believed. Especially that New Outlook Contact one it looks like a mockup drawn in powerpoint or paint! MS will need to put in a lot of polish before it is ready for primetime.
Of course it does, it's in development, features come before gloss, the features are not all in never mind the gloss. I think getting access this early is awesome, most companies keep us locked out with the arrogant assumption they know best how we will use their technology, Microsoft is opening those doors, the future of windows 10 is something we have a voice in. That means messy software, I'm well up for that!!

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody here explain me how that LED notification alert gonna work?? Possible with current Lumia phones or we need new Lumia hardwares with external led light display to support this feature?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody here explain me how that LED notification alert gonna work?? Possible with current Lumia phones or we need new Lumia hardwares with external led light display to support this feature?

why should anyone here know this? at this point only MS know how they will utilize LED notifications

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's still a mess but I'm excited,
l hope that they'll improve the music experience on WP, I hate the current xbox music player or any music player available, they all suck.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So pretty much a train wreck at this point compared to 8.1 but that's to be expected this early in the process. I've seen better WP-style launchers on the Play Store.

Tiny rounded toggles, circle contact pictures, out of scale battery icon, those gray boxed headers with the gear icon... All I can say is I hope those are placeholders for something better.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Looks like what you'd find in the control panel. What should the control panel look like if not this?

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Well it'll be one of two things:

#1 - it will only be an available feature on new phones (upcoming)

#2 - They implement it on existing phone models using the LED flash for the camera or the Start button.

#2 has problems in both areas.

A - Not all phones have a flash for their cameras and it's one bright LED to be using (nothing like having your whole room light up when you're trying to sleep.

B - The LED for your camera (if you have one) is on the back of the phone, which doesn't make much sense to use.

C - Not all phones have the physical buttons and have the Back/Start/Search buttons in the actual display, so if your phone is locked, how would that work?

Use Glance features somehow?

Not all phones have Glance (930)

I would guess that LED notifications will only be for future phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa