Windows 10 for 520

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have been closely following news about windows 10 for phones. I did not find any news regarding expected date for windows 10 release for 520. Any idea when?
Most of my friends own 520 and all of us are desperately waiting for the release of insider preview on 520....

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have been closely following news about windows 10 for phones. I did not find any news regarding expected date for windows 10 release for 520. Any idea when?
Most of my friends own 520 and all of us are desperately waiting for the release of insider preview on 520....
Its going to be announced with the second lot of devices which will be open to take part in the windows insider program for windows 10 for phones. Gabe Aul stated the program is facing a partition stiching issue which will be fixed soon and a new build will arrive but didn't mention any specific date, but with the leaks of the build appearing in many sites, dont think its long before its announced so wait patiently 👍

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Its going to be announced with the second lot of devices which will be open to take part in the windows insider program for windows 10 for phones. Gabe Aul stated the program is facing a partition stiching issue which will be fixed soon and a new build will arrive but didn't mention any specific date, but with the leaks of the build appearing in many sites, dont think its long before its announced so wait patiently 👍

There was a news that we can change some configuration of 520 and rename it as 630 and fool Microsoft server to get Windows 10 insider OS...
Is it true?

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would not recommend you use the hack. It will cause major issues later on if you are not experienced with this. Just be patient and wait to be safe.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you... Hope there is no problem doing this...
No problem ? Do you know that if you are installing a OS build that's not meant for your device...the update chain will break...rendering your device useless for future updates...in short.. You wont get future updates of win 10 which will be later released specifically for your device...not to mention that this method may also brick your device permanently....so think before you take a leap.!

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
No problem ? Do you know that if you are installing a OS build that's not meant for your device...the update chain will break...rendering your device useless for future updates...in short.. You wont get future updates of win 10 which will be later released specifically for your device...not to mention that this method may also brick your device permanently....so think before you take a leap.!
Oh my god....
Thanks for the info...
I m nt going to do this...

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh my god....
Thanks for the info...
I m nt going to do this...

Yea...its better to be on the safe side!
If you would have installed the technical preview it may have worked but the next update which would be available for your 520 wont show up as you are using a trick to make the insider aap fool it as a supported device. You had to roll back to Windows phone 8.1 through nokia software recovery tool and then use the insider program to get the latest technical preview. All this would surely slow down your device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)