Build 10041 - MSFT Modern Apps won't fit on screen

Romulo_Ferreira

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

After updating to the newest build (10041), the Microsoft Apps (Mail, Calendar, News, etc) won't fit automatically on the screen anymore (not even if resizing/maximizing the app), so they're showed like if they were running on a 1440x900 display or so (here it's 1366x768). The other 'metro' apps, like Facebook and Windows Central are normal.
For example (the bottom is not readable - fullscreen):
1.png
The options are not reachable, even if I make it fullscreen or try to resize the window.
2.png

Does it happen with anyone else? Does someone know how to fix it?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    541.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
They're fine on my device.
What happens if you do Windows Key+<a cursor key> ? Do they snap around like they should? Can you then see the title bars?
I think this was a known issue on this build.

m3rlin76

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Windows Key+<a cursor key> ... Yep they snap around
Moving and maximizing window (mail for example) to secondary monitor (with higher resolution) makes app show all of its contents as it should even if with much bigger fonts than normal...

m3rlin76

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Windows Key+<a cursor key> ... Yep they snap around
Moving and maximizing window (mail for example) to secondary monitor (with higher resolution) makes app show all of its contents as it should even if with much bigger fonts than normal...

Gone back to 9926 that seems more reliable at the moment (also 'cause of other minor issues)...

Kosev

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Same here, practically I can NOT use Mail app since I don't see the reply button or the change accounts..
Looking for a solution

Pin trick is not working for me.

Screen resolution is 1366x768

Carlos Tortolini

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
You are right! It does! What a weird bug... however, if you maximize or resize the app window, it goes wrong again. But at least is a walkaround while MSFT does something.

Many thanks... I was about to go back to the previous build because of this.

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It works until I change desktops, then it's all messed up again...
ok so here is the fix.....go to action centre in you PC and press Tablet mode.....now try opening the app....I got it fixed this way....but every time you want it the correct way..you have to switch to tablet mode. Let me know in comments if it works for you

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

After updating to the newest build (10041), the Microsoft Apps (Mail, Calendar, News, etc) won't fit automatically on the screen anymore (not even if resizing/maximizing the app), so they're showed like if they were running on a 1440x900 display or so (here it's 1366x768). The other 'metro' apps, like Facebook and Windows Central are normal.
For example (the bottom is not readable - fullscreen):
View attachment 100006
The options are not reachable, even if I make it fullscreen or try to resize the window.
View attachment 100022

Does it happen with anyone else? Does someone know how to fix it?
Thanks!

There is a code for that.. just follow the link. Help is there; Here is how to fix Mail, Calendar, and People apps on Windows 10 Build 10041

ram108

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
My screen size 1600x900. Mordern apps are not fit in windows. Even if I resize them content is out of windows. When I go to tablet mode everything is OK, but if return back I got the same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)