Start Menu: Can we click the letters like in Windows Phone ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I downloaded the newest build last night (XXX41) and some improvements but, finding stuff is not as quick as I would hope.

Everything is listed by letter, like in Windows Phone but, if you click you cant do anything with it. I would LOVE to be able to click a letter, the letters come up like WP, then click a letter on it and scroll right to it.

Anyone else ? I think this would improve the speed of accessing things in the start menu...

I think this NEEDS to come to Windows 10... I did put it in the suggestions

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you type "S" (for example) in the search/Cortana box, then in the results list under "Apps" you get all of the Apps beginning with S.
(thats the best I could come up with!)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If you type "S" (for example) in the search/Cortana box, then in the results list under "Apps" you get all of the Apps beginning with S.
(thats the best I could come up with!)

I hear ya, but, it's so quick on Windows Phone to find a app and now that they are going for the sorted by letter like in Windows Phone, it would only be right for to allow us to click the letters and go directly to the letter.

No question it would make finding a program so much faster, Just like in my Windows 7 start menu, I easily have 40+ items (it's about 4-5 years from the last rebuild), so finding things can be a hunt and peck kind of thing but, if I could just hit or click W, I could find things so much quicker...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa