So, observing quite a few issues with 10041

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 100049

This is just simply the worst thing anyone has released into the public. It's so ugly & nasty. Just going to the start menu makes me want to vomit.

I submitted this in the feedback, but it would be worth voting on; all they really need to do is (in tablet mode) make the desktop and taskbar hide (so just show the wallpaper as it looked in 8.1) when you open the start menu. That would make the start menu in tablet mode MUCH better

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with modern apps? (i.e. they aren't useable unless you are in tablet mode. parts of the app are off screen, the appbar doesn't show up etc..)

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue with the "Show More Icons" button on the bottom right. It shows to be there, but I can't click it (when I left or right click, it's like it isn't there).

Anyone got this issue?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having trouble with much of anything significant with 10041 myself. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is I usually use a 4 digit code to unlock my PC. I have the code set, it says its set, but in order to unlock my PC is to use my Live password. Beyond that, everything seems to work for me. I installed a game on this build called Cities Skylines yesterday to see how it functions with a larger, memory/video intensive app and it played just fine.
IE struggles from time to time but I don't use it for very long beyond downloading Firefox. I keep it as my default browser just the same though. To be clear, I'm running this on my desktop, where this OS should be run. So its expected that it would have more stability than on a tablet. Corel Draw X7 runs beautifully as well. Plex runs well too. Speaking to Cortana doesn't work at all but typing in the Cortana window does work. I can't tell if it has trouble with my bluetooth head phones or not but no joy there.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
With this new build, IE crashes often for me. In fact, this site crashed IE 5 times in the last 30 mins I've been here, and my screen just went blank. So now I'm on my phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
IDK about you guys, but the new build works quite fine for me.
I do run it though on a virtual machine, but I haven't encoutered any glitches, bugs or anything similar.
However it still feels bad, so I just check it every once in a while (roughly every time there's a new build), and maybe leave some feedback.

It feels more like Windows 8.1.1, than Windows 10. So little, so late.

Vinoth94

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I updated to build 10041 successfully As expected seen lot of issues While checking for new update I am still getting same update (fbl_impressive 10041 impressive) even I installed it successfully Any one having this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes