Anyone else just hate the new icons?

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Just a temperature test here, but how does everyone feel about the new icons for folders, recycle bin, etc.?

IMO they just don't feel right. I think it's because they don't match the feel of the rest of the OS. The desktop icons are super bright and cartoony but the start bar, control panel, notification center, and MS Store apps are flat, minimal, and rectangular. The app icons and control panel etc. also don't tend to use gaudy colors, yet the folder color feels gaudy.

I still feel like nothing here meshes. The design still feels schizophrenic and divided. I really like the design rhetoric going into notifications and the Start bar (even if these elements are not complete) but the desktop icons are a turn off.

spch

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Some are decent some are good some are just awful, especially the recycle bin icon which seems something out of cartoon network.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think if you're worried about icons in a preview released for you to test functionality and fluidity of the UI...that you probably wont be satisfied regardless.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Some are decent some are good some are just awful, especially the recycle bin icon which seems something out of cartoon network.

me too: I hate the new recycle bin icon. It makes the entire desk top to look terrible. They should bring back the original.

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I think if you're worried about icons in a preview released for you to test functionality and fluidity of the UI...that you probably wont be satisfied regardless.

Nah, I've been adding my feedback via the official app regularly in terms of useability. Just a few days before 10041 I sent in a photo of how the transparent Start bar was virtually illegible when you had numerous icons on screen in the background. Thankfully they fixed that.

The icons still matter to a point IMO. It's what makes the OS feel complete on a visual level. They're not a deal breaker by any means but it's not a nice feeling to be so immediately turned off when you see them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999