Can Windows phones (8/10) run desktop windows (8/10) programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSun3DS

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Basically, would it be possible to take any Windows program that runs on my Windows 8.1 (soon to be 10) desktop computer, and run it on a Windows 8/10 Phone?

The reason I ask is because a lot of things don't come to the Android OS (like Flash Player/Java, and most of my Steam games). I'm planning on getting the Galaxy S6, and if it's true that Microsoft is going to get Windows 10 on Android phones:

[Google this "microsoft-can-make-your-android-device-run-windows-10" for the link]

Then that would be pretty sweet to be able to install Windows 10 on a Galaxy S6 (it's stronger than Windows Phones and higher screen resolution) and install/run my Windows games and programs on it. Android is nice, but it pales in comparison to the software support that Windows has.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
firstly you cant install the windows apps directly on windows phone.because windows can also run .exe files but windows phone cant.you can only run a windows app on windows phone if its a universal app and that to by installing through store.

secondly,some articles are titled in such a way only to draw the readers attention.its true MSFT is developing the ROM for xiaomi mi4 phone...that doesn't mean that it'll be available for every android devices(it may or may not).till now there is no official announcement from MSFT about releasing the ROM for other android devices.so u cant.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Even if you could get such a ROM for a Samsung device (which has yet to be announced), and W10M (W10 mobile) would allow you to run desktop software (which it doesn't), and a phone had anywhere near the graphics performance to run a AAA Windows game (which none does), this still wouldn't work, because you'd need a phone with an x86 processor, and all of Samsung's Android devices use ARM.

This was recently discussed here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...46601-using-your-phone-pc-thing-possible.html

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss