10041 - lost mail and people apps.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, after installing 10041, my mail and people apps are gone. When attempting to install them I am getting the error - 0x80073cff. Any ideas what could be up? Thanks.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Did you follow the instructions in the article "Known issues in Build 10041" which is found in the Insider Hub app?
•In this build, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps: ◦Open powershell as administrator
◦Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
◦Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Did you follow the instructions in the article "Known issues in Build 10041" which is found in the Insider Hub app?
Nope, I was aware there were issues, however as far as I recall these came to light on the fast ring release,I figured they would then have been resolved by the time they released to the slow ring. If they remain it would be useful if the remaining bugs were highlighted.

Unless there was another announcement after the release to slow ring....?

Thanks for the help through.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I was aware there were issues, however as far as I recall these came to light on the fast ring release,I figured they would then have been resolved by the time they released to the slow ring. If they remain it would be useful if the remaining bugs were highlighted.

Unless there was another announcement after the release to slow ring....?

Thanks for the help through.
Just the announcement that it was now available to the slow ring. The known issues still apply, and the update KB articles did not mention anything different regarding this particular app.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
where did I see a video to fix mail, people and calendar???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Never mind I got it fixed....

Last edited:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I was aware there were issues, however as far as I recall these came to light on the fast ring release,I figured they would then have been resolved by the time they released to the slow ring.
If this was the case, it wouldn't be build 10041... it'd be build 100xx something or other :) a build is a build - so when you see issues mentioned as part of the fast ring builds, and you then download the same build, expect the same issues :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon