Many have left MS because they have no idea what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
many peoples left MS W[ just for they have not idea what to do?
they could not announce wp10 Tp for windows phone....
i was lot of keen to use MS products ever ever & ever but they really disappointed many times after 6/7 weeks they could not make an announcement to release w10 TP for High End...

BlueFirefly

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
And you suggest it would have been better to release it for all phones, in spite of some bugs, which could have seriously messed up a lot of phones? That would for sure have been a great way to win some supporters and market share, right?
And who would have been blamed for bricked or useless phones?

May be you know more about software, hardware and testing than those who are actually doing it at Microsoft.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes we know well beaten subject here.

What I see also are many new users coming here to WC asking questions about new phones new update features.
To me this is evidence of many coming to Microsoft Mobile for low cost and curiosity.

Revolution seldom happens overnight.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes we know well beaten subject here.

What I see also are many new users coming here to WC asking questions about new phones new update features.
To me this is evidence of many coming to Microsoft Mobile for low cost and curiosity.

Revolution seldom happens overnight.
Well said.
Then again, since WP7 MS has turned it's back to many features that, traditionaly, made Windows so good and popular.
Full access to internal and external storage, full customization options, sd storage for all devices, wide range of public APIs, the list goes on.
I was shocked to find out that WP is, in a lot of ways, even more limited than iOS.
There is A LOT that MUST come right away with W10 to make it really appealing to other OSs users. Selling to the low cost crowd will do only so much before it turns WP into a stigma: the "only good 'cause it's cheap" phones.
To make a real leap, WP MUST appeal to people that are really into high end. It's a small part of the market in sales figures, but those are the ones that lead the trends. That's how iPhones, as lame as they were untill at least the 4, kept selling more and more and became objects of desire.
WP has a fluidity and a consistency that makes it very good to use. But more than the app gap, system limitations are what breaks the spell.

I'm really torn between my Note 4 and my Lumia 1020. I would REALLY love to sell the Note, but I can't live with all of the WP shortcomings on a daily basis without somewhere to run.

Enviado via Note 4

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Well said.
Then again, since WP7 MS has turned it's back to many features that, traditionaly, made Windows so good and popular.
Full access to internal and external storage, full customization options, sd storage for all devices, wide range of public APIs, the list goes on.
I was shocked to find out that WP is, in a lot of ways, even more limited than iOS.
There is A LOT that MUST come right away with W10 to make it really appealing to other OSs users. Selling to the low cost crowd will do only so much before it turns WP into a stigma: the "only good 'cause it's cheap" phones.
To make a real leap, WP MUST appeal to people that are really into high end. It's a small part of the market in sales figures, but those are the ones that lead the trends. That's how iPhones, as lame as they were untill at least the 4, kept selling more and more and became objects of desire.
WP has a fluidity and a consistency that makes it very good to use. But more than the app gap, system limitations are what breaks the spell.

I'm really torn between my Note 4 and my Lumia 1020. I would REALLY love to sell the Note, but I can't live with all of the WP shortcomings on a daily basis without somewhere to run.

Enviado via Note 4

Definitely agree. iPhone is still lame IMHO. But iOS 8 is a huge improvement. I still prefer WP to iOS.

Even though WP has some limitations, we still have options concerning hardware they don't have. You can change your battery, add storage, etc. That helps. The music options are more open.

Plus I don't need a 4 GB RAM phone to be effective.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
many peoples left MS W[ just for they have not idea what to do?
they could not announce wp10 Tp for windows phone....
i was lot of keen to use MS products ever ever & ever but they really disappointed many times after 6/7 weeks they could not make an announcement to release w10 TP for High End...
ralph-wiggum.png.jpg

Me fail English? That's umpossible!

Seriously though, if English is not your native language, just post in your normal language. It'd be easier to understand through an online translator than trying to decipher whatever you are trying to say.

If I understand your post correctly, yes, we get you're upset that you still haven't received your free update to an alpha version of an OS that is still nowhere yet complete.... Which Microsoft has zero obligation to provide to you at this stage.

Please step this way and wait in the line like everybody else. The line starts behind the sign "Disgruntled Self-Entitled Web Folk."

To be serious once again:

It will be ready when it is ready and not before.

Yeah the high ends are still waiting for the next update.... Guess what? My 930 doesn't make the cut in this next update.

That's the way she goes. I'm not about to grab the pitchfork & torch to march to Satya's house demanding he speed things up so my phone can run an early version of W10.

We are all excited and heavily interested in Windows 10 for Phones.... That's why we're in here.... But we have zero rights to demand MS release early versions of their OS's, for free no less.

Allowing all or even some of us to try it out and give feedback is not a right, though it's not really a privilege either. It's an early access testing phase and anybody who has signed up for the Windows Insider are volunteering to alpha/beta test their OS and provide feedback to improve it.

It is not some wingy dingy OS for playing around in or to simply show off to your buddies.

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
People who are trying to use Windows 10 Mobile which is na technical preview and who don't understand windows Phone should never be attempting to use a Windows 10 mobile os which is not the finished product yet. I myself and waiting for the final product because by then they will have the kinks ironed out so that the Band will sync to my 1620.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720