How is Windows 10 for Phones working day-to-day?

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
For those wondering about using W10 on their main device they use every day, it has been clearly stated time and again by MS, in the Windows Insider Program, these forums and elsewhere on the internet that W10 is not recommended for use on your primary phone. Due to bugs, crashes, performance issues and even potential bricking risks, installing W10P is only recommended to those who have backup phones to test on and for those who know what they're doing.

Microsoft is not responsible for anything that can or will happen to your phone from installing the preview.

In addition, if your phone is on a contract with a phone company and you install the preview of W10P.... And your phone gets screwed up, most, if not all mobile carriers will void your warranty of your phone and will not help cover a replacement or fixing it.

Bugs will happen. Some funny, some odd. Some will be inconvenient, others will be annoying and there will no doubt be ones that are downright critical.

As the current version of W10P is the very first release, there will be oodles of issues. So for anybody thinking of using W10P on their everyday phone, you may want to hold off until closer to final/official release when things are more stabilized.

Beyond that, use at your own risk.

Last edited:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Based on logic MS packing new features in W10TP with every new build. and every new line of code can bring new bugs and crashes. so it's definitely possible that the next build has more problems than the current one. Bugfixing ist the last stage of software development - after it's feature-complete.

True, my logic hope for the best though...::wink:

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Two features IDE like.....in browser favorites..i want alphabet chose,instead of scrolling all the way to bottom,home screen....not tile,and landscape him screen "completely customize will no tile only my design....like windows 10 is.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Two features IDE like.....in browser favorites..i want alphabet chose,instead of scrolling all the way to bottom,home screen....not tile,and landscape him screen "completely customize will no tile only my design....like windows 10 is.

No tile only??? What's that supposed to mean

berrydroidapple

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My experience has left me barely using my Lumia 635, thankfully it is not my primary phone. I have no way to roll back to 8.1, as I don't have a windows 8.1 computer for the roll back.
I've contributed bug reports, as that is the reason for the preview.
Frozen apps almost weekly, occasional Wi-Fi signal loss, constant waiting for pages/apps to close, phone heating after watching one video, and overall unpleasant experience.
Really hoping next roll out brings back smoothness.

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Been using it on an 830 since it came out. Restarts and/or needs to be rebooted 2-3 times per week. Sometimes screen doesn't work & need to do a reset with buttons. And then SD Card scanning comes to picture.. :unhappy:
Battery life noticeably shorter than with 8.1 but I think can live with it!!

I'm overall very much happy with it and looking forward to the next build.:smile::evil:

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about installing to my main phone. I'm not bothered if some apps are not working, but most importantly, I need my emails syncing and calendar working properly. Anyone faced any issue with outlook.com or exchange email not syncing?

Other than that, are all WP8.1 apps working fine?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about installing to my main phone. I'm not bothered if some apps are not working, but most importantly, I need my emails syncing and calendar working properly. Anyone faced any issue with outlook.com or exchange email not syncing?

Other than that, are all WP8.1 apps working fine?

Wait until after the weekend. There's a new build coming out on Friday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea